Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Something Like A Lady By Kay Springsteen Kim Bowman


Something Like a Lady by  Kay Springsteen & Kim Bowman is a wonderfully humorous read. This was one of those books where everyone is house kept looking at me while I was reading it because I was laughing out loud. If you enjoy a good historical romance with a lot of humor thrown in this is a must read.

 Lady Annabella Price is full of spunk, humor, and mischief. I loved Annabella from the beginning. She has no problem saying exactly what she is thinking and sometimes what she is thinking maybe should not be shared with others. 


Jonathan Durham is a handsome fellow with a good attitude. He has to have a fine sense of humor with his grandmother around. As much as I loved Annabella I loved Gran more. This is one lady I think you would want on your side. She either really likes you or look out because this is one out spoken,  pistol packing, arrow shooting Grandma. 


I so enjoyed reading the story of Annabella and Jon. They don't exact start their relationship on the right foot and and there is a lot of drama and hilarious moments as these two get to know each other.  There are a lot of twist and turns that I did not expect. There is a little mystery thrown in as well, much to my delight. 


Overall this was just a really interesting historical romance that sure did keep my attention all the way through.  I have not read the first story in this series and I didn't feel like I was missing any important details at all. However, as much as I enjoyed this book I sure would like to read the first in the Lady Series.


I had the pleasure of reading this fabulous story in exchange for sharing my opinion with you all. 





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! And if you'd like the first in the series, A Lot Like A Lady, just let me know and I will get you a copy! you can email me at kimbowman2008 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it Kim. I can't wait to read A Lot Like a Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a fun read and a little different from many of the historical romances out there. Thanks for the great review, I look forward to reading this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really fun historical read. I'll have to add this to my to be read pile.

    ReplyDelete