Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Final Cut by Catherine Coulter & , J.T. Ellison ~ A Brit in the FBI #1 ~ Review


When I heard that Catherine Coulter and  J.T. Ellison collaborated to write a story together, I could not wait to read it. I certainly was hoping that I would be given the chance to read and review The Final Cut. So when I received the notification from librarything that I had won a copy to read and review, I was beyond ecstatic!

Let me tell you all my enthusiasm leading up to the his book was not misplaced. The Final Cut is a full of mystery, suspense, intrigue, and charming characters. I could not turn the pages fast enough, I kept wondering what in the world could possibly happen next!  I just have to say this certainly is a page turner.

Nicholas Drummond is handsome, charming, smart, and one creative detective. He is determined to find out what happened to Elaine his ex-partner and find the missing Koh-i-Noor. When Nicholas arrives in the states he meets and works closely with Mike Caine in solving all the mysteries going on. These two work great together and were a LOT of fun to read about. Their investigation takes them to many different locations and puts them in a lot of very interesting, very dangerous situations.

Mike Caine is a very dedicated FBI agent who wants to get to the bottom of all the mysteries that are going on all of a sudden. When Nicholas Drummond joins the investigation she is a little hesitant at first. It is not long before she is thanking Nicholas for his instincts and she finds inspector Drummond to be very intriguing.

If you are already a fan of Catherine Coulter's work you are going to be pleased by the appearance of Dillon Savich and Lacy Sherlock, whom help with the investigation. 

Over all this is just a very suspenseful mystery with lots of action and drama. I can not wait to see what Ms. Coulter & Ms. Ellison come up with next. They left a nice opening for another great story at the end of the book. I'm going to be very curious to seem what is going to happen next. I look forward to reading more and more from both of these talented authors. 



3 comments:

  1. I just finished Bombshell and there are hints dropped about this one so I am looking forward to reading it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Bombshell, that's cool that there are a few hints dropped :) I'll look forward to reading your review :)

      Delete
  2. ooo This book sounds good! I can not wait to read it. I have added it to my to be read pile!

    ReplyDelete