Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hit and Run by Allison Brennan & Laura Griffin ~ Moreno & Hart Mysteries #2 ~ Review

I have had the pleasure of reading quite a few books by the talented Laura Griffin and I always enjoy her work. This is the first chance I have had to read any by Allison Brennan. I found they both created intriguing story lines in Hit and Run with a great suspense and drama. 

In HitScarlet Moreno finds herself in the middle of a dangerous mess involving her friend Jason Jones. When Jason is charged with his girlfriend's murder, Scarlet sets out to clear his name as well as figure out what really happened to his girlfriend. Scarlet finds herself in the middle of a SWAT raid, a dangerous shoot out, and plenty more dramatic situations that kept me turning pages quickly. There are a lot of twists and turns in this story and a lot of mysteries are uncovered. I really enjoyed the Hit part of this wonderful book.

In RunKrista Hart finds herself in a situation that is too profitable to turn down. She doesn't exactly like the client she is working for but she likes the cash behind the case. So she does what she does best. She starts digging around to find out more information on the case. Krista finds herself in some dangerous situations as well and there were a few moments of humor. Krista is working with fellow but rival detective R.J. Flynn. There is some romantic tension between these two that adds to the story as well. 

I have to say I enjoyed both Hit and Run and found this book to be a great suspenseful read that kept me glued to the edge of my seat. If you enjoy a great mystery then I think you will enjoy this series. If you haven't read the first book in this series, you won't have any problem reading this as a stand alone. I hope Allison Brennan and Laura Griffin add to this great series. I can't wait to see what more they might have in store for Scarlet and Krista. 

I always look forward to new releases by Laura Griffin and can not wait to read what ever she has out next. Now that I have had a taste of Allison Brennan's work I would like to read more of her work. I have a feeling I have been missing out on some great suspenseful stories.

I was given the opportunity to read this story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Hit and Run

Amazon Buy Links:

 Hit and Run

 Crash and Burn

1 comment:

  1. Both sound like wonderful reads, thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete