Monday, November 24, 2014

After Forever, A Whisper of Scandal Novel by Julie Johnstone ~ Review ~

If you are looking for a short historical romance that will make you laugh, cry, sigh, and awe, then you are looking for After Forever. Julie Johnstone covered all my emotions in this touching story. 

Ms. Johnstone is one of my favorite historical romance authors because she does such a great job of making me connect with the characters. Not only are her characters charming and entertaining they always seem to reach out and touch my heart. 

Julianna Barrows has lost the love of her life and all she wants is to be left alone to raise her adorable daughter, Liza. However, her brother-in-law needs her to remarry. She is reluctant to remarry so she takes on a job as a tutor.

Nash Wolverton has lead a hard life to get to where he is. Now he has the money to be part of the upper class. He just needs a wife to help raise his daughter, Maggie to be the young lady of the ton that he wants her to be. He ends up hiring Julianna to tutor both he and his daughter.

These two really have a lot in common. They have both been hurt. The each have a daughter they love dearly. They also each are in need of something, they just don't know what. It very well could be each other.

I loved watching these four together. Nash is so sweet to his little girl and Julianna's daughter. I don't think this will spoil anything for you and I loved the scene so I will tell you one of my favorite parts. Julianna comes back down stairs after changing and finds Nash having a tea party on the floor with both Maggie and Liza. I think this touched my heart as much as it affected Julianna.

After Forever is part of the A Whisper of Scandal series. However, Julie Johnstone has done a fabulous job of writing this story so you will have no problem reading it as as stand alone if you haven't read the rest of the series yet. I have had a chance to read at least one other book in this series and it too was wonderful. So you may want to check them out as well.  

I am always excited when I hear that Julie Johnstone has a new release out. I can never wait to get my hands on it. This story is a page turner that I read in one setting. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen with Nash and Julianna. They have many things they must overcome in order to be together. Their own feelings and a few people that try to get in their way are just a few of their obstacles.  I certainly enjoyed After Forever and I can not wait to see what story Ms. Johnstone will come up with next. I know I will be anxiously awaiting her next release. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on After Forever.

You may read more of my reviews on Julie Johnstone's work here.

Amazon Buy Link: 
  After Forever

 Dancing with a Devil 

 Conspiring with a Rogue 

  Bargaining with a Rake 

 A Whisper of Scandal Trilogy (Boxed set of Books 1-3 in the series)

No comments:

Post a Comment