Saturday, March 14, 2015

Back in the Game by Lori Wilde ~ Stardust, Texas #1 ~ Review

I think I may have found my new favorite book by Lori Wilde. I really enjoyed Back in the Game. This is the first book in her new  Stardust, Texas series

Rowdy Blanton has enjoyed a very successful career in baseball. He's had a great time playing the game playing the field with all the ladies chasing after him. Who wouldn't love this sexy baseball player. He's sweet, charming, and has a great personality that made me instantly like this guy. Rowdy has had some rough times to go along with all the good. He's suffered an injury that has made him stop and take a good look at his life. 

Breeanne Carlyle has been through the mill but is on the mend now. This girl has survived though so much even when the odds were against her. Now she has the chance to do what she really wants, write and live a little. Rowdy is just the person to add a little excitement to this girl's life. Breeanne is one of those characters that I formed an instant bond with. She is a sweet girl that would do anything for her family, just as they would do anything for her. 

I loved the connection with Breeanne and her family. They are a close knit family that loves each other very much and works well together. 

There is also a great friendship between Rowdy and his friend Warwick. These two have a great friendship that gives you a sense of family more then friends. Warwick has Rowdy's back and will stand by him no matter what. He also knows when and how to push Rowdy's buttons to get him moving to do what he should do. 

I loved watching Rowdy and Breeanne become friends as they were dealing with the instant attraction they felt for each other. They have a lot obstacles to over come and so many things that are going on.There is plenty of drama to deal with, some family issues for Rowdy, and the fact that Rowdy has always been a playboy. He doesn't plan on settling down with anyone, Ever. 

The love scenes between these two are so amazingly sweet and romantic. Lori Wilde has done a great job with Rowdy and Breeanne's story. I have to say I was captivated from the beginning to the end. I had moments of laughter, a few tears, and a moment or two I wanted to scream at Rowdy. Overall though I just really enjoyed Back in the Game. I can not wait to see what Ms. Wilde has in store for us with the rest of the series. I know I will be anxiously awaiting the release of the next book in the Stardust, Texas series. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Back in the Game

You may find more of my reviews on Lori Wilde's work here.... 

Amazon Buy Link:

 Back in the Game

No comments:

Post a Comment