Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky ~ Review

I have been a Barbara Delinsky fan for several years now. Honestly she was one of the very first authors I discovered when I was a teenager. I've loved her work since and Blueprints is another fine example of her tremendous talent. I will admit I was captivated in this story from the first page and was held captivated all the way to the end. I shed a few tears and laughed a little. I loved the double romance story that is included in this great book. I don't really know where to start so I will just start in.

Jamie MacAfee thinks she has her life under control. She is engaged to the lawyer of her family's building firm. She's part of a building reality show, and she is a architect for the family business. This girl has a lot going on. 

Caroline MacAfee is Jamie's mother first and foremost. She is also a carpenter, the host of the reality show, and takes on projects for the family business. 

Everything is moving along fairly well until Jamie's father and his new wife are killed. Oh my goodness this was a very emotional part of the book for me. I had tears streaming down my face while reading this part. Jamie is the guardian to their two year old son. She's dealing with the loss of her father, changes with the reality show, a fiancee that doesn't handle change well, and now she's an instant mother. 

WOW is about all I can say. I admired Jamie and I felt for this young woman. My goodness she has so many things happen at all once. She in a very emotional time of her life and really needs some support. I have to admit I wanted to smack Brad a few times and tell him wise up. I won't go into to much about that. I don't want to spoil the story for you.

Jamie runs into a young single Dad at the park, just when she needs advice. Charlie (Chip) is full of single parenting info and more then willing to help out. It was interesting watching these two get to know each other. I quickly admired Chip for being there when Jamie was in desperate need of a friend and support. 

I have a huge admiration for Caroline as well. This lovely lady has to step up and take care of her ex-father-in-law after her ex-husband is killed. She has her hands full. She also takes on a few challenges at work she's not to excited to try at first. 

Caroline and the general contractor Dean, have a fun kind of flirty relationship. They are friends to start with and Dean is there when Caroline needs a friend. He's there when she needs someone to lean on and maybe a little friendly advice. I loved watching the changes to their relationship. 

Overall, as you can tell I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters are all charming, well written and brought out a lot of emotion while I was reading. It's a great story with a lot of touching moments. I am going to issues a Kleenex warning on this one. I would suggest you grab a box before you start reading. I know I certainly needed a few. There is also moments of laughter and some really sweet romantic moments. Some of my favorite parts of the story involve the sweet little boys. They are so adorable and really do add a nice touch to the storyline.

Barbara Delinsky is such a talented lady and has written some really great stories. I can't wait to see what she might come up with next. I will be looking forward to her next release.

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. Always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Blueprints.

You may read more of my reviews on Barbara Delinsky's work here.

Amazon Buy Link:

 Blueprints

No comments:

Post a Comment