Monday, October 26, 2015

The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree by Julie Johnstone ~ Whisper of Scandal #5 ~ REVIEW

Julie Johnstone has once again created one of those awesome historical romance stories that is incredibly hard to set down. The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree is full of danger, drama, intrigue, secrets, spies, romance, with large dose of royal scandal.What more could a girl ask for in a story. I can't think of a thing except a few more hours in the day so that I could have read this book even faster.

Arabella Carthright is a sweet, kind hearted young lady with a plate full of problems. Her father has medical issues, her mother has had a break down and is in an expensive institution, and Arabella needs an income. This poor young lady has her hands full and is in desperate need of helping hand and maybe a friend to hear her troubles. I found an instant bond with Arabella. I instantly admired her for  her courage and strength to face what she think she has to do to save her parents.

Justin Holleman, the Duke of Dinnisfree is a handsome playboy with a dangerous career and strong alliances that he must protect. Justin sets out to find answers for the King and ends up finding more questions, a couple of HUGE secrets, and a whole lot of danger.

When Justin's mission puts him in the same path as Arabella things change. Justin has never felt the feelings that surface when he is with Arabella. I enjoyed watching these two discover each other and work together  reveal secrets that could cause a huge impact to many.

Justin won my heart over when he went all out to help Arabella with a few major problems. He just might be the Knight she's needs riding to her rescue. I loved that he didn't even pause when he discovers he just might be able to help Arabella with one of her huge problems.  I loved that he rode in, cleaned up the trash, and started to make things better. 

Overall this is one awesome romance story with sweet moments, a few breath taking moments of dangers, hidden secrets that are slowly revealed,  and a possible  royal scandal. Julie Johnstone has written creative characters with the perfect mix charm, loyalty, chemistry, and bravery to make this storyline completely captivating. Ms. Johnstone grabbed my attention on page one and kept me completely engaged all the way to the last page. 

This is part of the Whisper of Scandal series but will stand alone just fine. So don't worry if you haven't read the previous awesome books in this series. You will be fine to start here and then go grab up the rest of the series so that you may devour those as well.

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree. 

Read more of my reviews on Julie Johnstone's work here.

Amazon Buy Link:


 The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree

  After Forever

 Dancing with a Devil 

 Conspiring with a Rogue 

  Bargaining with a Rake 

No comments:

Post a Comment