Monday, April 9, 2018

#Interview ~ Four by Moonlight By Linda Nightingale ~ @LNightingale

Four by Moonlight 
By Linda Nightingale

Interview with Linda Nightingale:

Crystal: I am so excited to have Linda Nightingale here today. Welcome, Linda! Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?

Linda: I’m a mother, a retired legal assistant, a sports car nut, and have a fondness for beautiful pianos. To address my separate facets, I have two wonderful sons, and I wonder how I could have been so lucky! Simon is the graphic artist who designed the cover of Four by Moonlight for Class Act Books. My eldest lives in stunning Yorkshire, England with his family of four. I’m very proud of my three grandchildren. After a long career as a legal assistant, in 2014 I retired. Sports cars! I love them all! I currently own a sweet little roadster that is much faster than I drive. As to the piano, up until a few months ago I had a player Parlor Grand by Mason & Hamlin, a stunning sound from an American piano. I also used to breed, train and show Andalusian horses.

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Linda: A cowboy story! A total diversion from my normal genres. It’s about a boy born in Texas, raised in England who returns to run the ranch when his father dies, and meets an unlikely soul mate.

Crystal: Where did you come up with the idea for either your current release or your current WIP?

Linda:  Each story is different so it would be difficult to answer this question without going on and on. Let’s take “Gypsy Ribbons,” since the excerpt comes from that story. I have always loved “The Highwayman,” an epic poem by Alfred Lloyd Noyes. That poem and a novel by Daphne du Maurier called Frenchman’s Creek were the inspirations for “Gypsy Ribbons.”

Crystal:  Do you have a favorite snack that you like to munch on while writing? If so, would you mind sharing what it is with us?

Linda:  I try not to snack, but when I do, it’s crispy Cheetos turning my fingers orange. My staple drink is sparkling water. I prefer Pellegrino. I also drink coffee in the mornings, and tea during the day. I make a pot of Earl Grey after the coffee and before the Pellegrino.

Crystal:  Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us?

Linda: Because Four by Moonlight is an anthology, again it’s hard to choose one scene, but here is one from “Gypsy Ribbons”:

An icy breath whispered through the room. Tory snuggled deeper beneath the goose down covers. Had the weather made up its mind? Was Simon riding in ice and snow? She imagined white flakes in Goliath’s long black mane and on the highwayman’s plush velvet cloak. Poor darling, he’d be cold. Tory drifted to sleep unrelated thoughts scrolling in her mind. A soft sound snapped her wide awake. She sat bolt upright. The room was iceberg cold. The ghost.
“Not Simon.” She held her breath, ears stained for the horrifying, otherworldly whisper, a warning of imminent death. The sound came again, closer. A slow footstep creeping over the old oaken floor. Tonight, the ghost of Darby Manor wandered its dim corridors.
“No.” Tory squeezed her eyes closed and prayed, forgetting she didn’t believe in ghosts.
The footsteps halted. Tory’s heart stopped. She started to cover her ears, refusing to hear. The ghost breathed that heartbreaking sigh at her door.


Crystal:  When you are not busy writing wonderful stories to keep us lucky readers entertained, what do you like to do? Do you have a hobby?

Linda: I love to dress in formal gowns and host dinner parties, the men in tux and the women in glorious dresses, table set with my china and glass. I also enjoy events with my sports car club. Love those curvy roads!

Though I don’t watch TV a lot, I’ve become addicted to Poldark, Victoria, Lucifer, and Lethal Weapon. I was already a Game of Thrones and Outlander fan. And later than many, earlier than some, I’ve just discovered Vudu.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite background noise you like to have going while you write (TV, Music, kids playing)?

Linda: I like classical music—from Chopin to Vivaldi—playing softly in the background.

Crystal:  Thanks for visiting. It has been a pleasure having you visit today. Can you think of anything else you would like to share with us today?

Linda: It was my pleasure to visit with you. Thanks so much for having me!

~*~*~*~*~*~
About Four by Moonlight: 

An anthology of love in the moonlight…in the paranormal realms…

Gypsy Ribbons – A moonlight ride on the moors and meeting a notorious highwayman will forever change Lady Virginia Darby’s life.

Star Angel – Lucy was stuck in a rut and in an Idaho potato patch. She’d seen him in the corner of her eye—a fleeting glimpse of beauty—now he stood before her in the flesh.

The Night Before Doomsday – All his brothers had succumbed to lust, but Azazel resisted temptation until the wrong woman came along.

The Gate Keeper’s Cottage – Newlywed Meggie Richelieu’s mysterious, phantom lover may be more than anyone, except the plantation housekeeper, suspects.

Buy Links: 
class act books | Amazon

~*~*~*~*~*~
Author’s Bio:

Linda Nightingale is a native-born South Carolinian who has lived in England and Canada and many other places on her nomadic wanderings. Before turning to writing, she bred, trained and showed Andalusian horses for thirteen years.

In 2012, her novel, Gemini Rising, was voted Best Mainstream Novel in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll. Her vampire romance, Cardinal Desires won the Georgia Romance Writers Magnolia Award in 2013, and that was followed by her science fiction romance, Love for Sale, being awarded Best SF/Fantasy novel of 2015 by the Paranormal Romance Guild’s Reviewer’s Choice, and also voted one of the Top Ten Romance Novels of 2015 by the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll for that year.

Four by Moonlight is her first novel for Class Act Books.


Find out more about Linda at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/linda.nightingale.52?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf
Website: http://www.lindanightingale.com
Blog: https://lindanightingale.wordpress.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4839311.Linda_Nightingale
https://www.pinterest.com/lbnightingale1/?etslf=10520&eq=LInda%20Nightingale
Twitter: @LNightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment