Monday, May 27, 2013

Tear by Rachel Van Dyken ~ The Seaside #1 ~ Review


I had been hearing wonderful things about The Seaside Series by Rachel Van Dyken, so when Tear made it to the top of my to be read pile I was excited. Oh my goodness all those good things I had been hearing, they are so true! This is my first book in the New Adult/ Young Adult genre and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I loved it! I thought I may have a hard time connecting to younger characters. Rachel Van Dyken has written such interesting characters I had no problem at all. I instantly connected with them and could not wait to see where the storyline was heading. 

I started this book and could not put it down. I was totally captivated by the relationship between Natalee,  Alec, and Demetri. I found myself torn between Alec and Demetri  for which was my favorite. At different times throughout the book I cheered for both of them. Alec appeared to be the bad boy with a gloomy attitude, he had a sweetness to him though that was just irresistible. Demetri seemed to be the nice guy of the two brothers but was the bad boy with some issues under all that charm. 

I really liked Nat, she is a smart, independent young lady that is very much her own individual.  She has some tough issues to deal with and I really admired how she handled them. 

This book is filled with plenty of drama, mystery,  emotion, and romance that kept me turning the pages and turning them very quickly. I loved Ms. Van Dyken's style of writing and found it extremely easy to be completely absorbed in the book immediately. I can not wait to start the second book in the series, Pull. It is next on my to be read pile. 

If you have not read this series and enjoy a sweet love story with drama, emotion, tears, and a little intrigue, you should really check this series out. I think not only the young adult age will enjoy it but all romance readers will enjoy it as well. I know I sure did. Rachel has a new faithful fan in me. I can't wait to see what other wonderful stories she comes up with for us readers.

I am so excited that I received a copy of this book so I may share my thoughts with you. 


6 comments:

  1. When I first read it I totally wanted Natalee to be with both of them! lol

    Now I'm Team Demetri. You'll see why in Pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I'm reading Pull now. I'm even deeper in love with Demetri :) My review for Pull will be posted soon because I am almost done.

      Delete
  2. YAYYYYYY! Thank you so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am entertained by the monosyllabic titles, I can imagine shelving them so that they give a series of instructions, lol. Thanks for the review, I look forward to reading your thoughts about the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great series! I'm adding it to my to be read pile :)

    ReplyDelete