Tuesday, May 7, 2013

You're The One by Robin Kaye


I so enjoyed Back to You by Robin Kaye that I could not wait to read You're the One, book number two in the Bad Boys of Red Hook Series. I was so excited when I received this book in the mail I danced out of the post office and could not wait to start reading it. It certainly lived up to all my expectations. Ms. Kaye has created a wonderful group of charming, delightfully compelling characters that I cannot wait to visit again. She not only has written new friends for me to enjoy but a wonderful story line that made it nearly impossible for me to put the book down. I think it goes without saying the Ms.Kaye has a faithful new fan in me. OK I've probably gushed enough but I can't say enough about how much I am loving this series and I can not wait to read the next book.

Skye Maxwell is a brilliant chef that wants nothing more than her own kitchen. She is a smart, independent woman that is going to make it and stand on her own two feet. She doesn't care if her family likes it or not. I instantly felt a connection with Skye and loved watching her make it on her own merits. This girl has what it takes to run her own kitchen. 


Logan Blaise has what he thinks is the perfect life. He has a job he likes and a fiance that he thinks he's compatible with. Then he meets Skye, this woman makes Logan feel things he didn't even know existed. Skye basically threw Logan for a loop and he doesn't know what to do about. It's adorable watching this big, strong, tough guy who has been a little on the stiff side falling deeply in love for the first time in his life. 


This cute, compelling couple does have a few things to work out and a few misunderstandings try to get in their way. Love, understanding, and communications can fix a lot of things though. In my opinion this book ends with one of those awww moments. It is really a sweet love story. 


I so loved this book. If you love small town family romances I think you'll love this book. I know I most certainly will be looking forward to book three. Oh my I wonder what story Ms. Kaye has in store for us next, she certainly has my attention.


I was very lucky to receive an ARC to read and it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you about this book. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh this does sound like a good one. I'm adding it to my to be read pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I have to be in a certain mood to read small town books but this sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed You're The One, Crystal! As for a small-town book, I don't think Brooklyn quite fits the bill but then I have been told I write Brooklyn like a small town. Each section of Brooklyn does have it's own distinct personality. That's one of the things I love about the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Robin. You give the area you are writing about an intimate feeling maybe. It feels like like a small town family romance. I love it!

      I can't wait to read book #3 :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed You're The One, Crystal! As for a small-town book, I don't think Brooklyn quite fits the bill but then I have been told I write Brooklyn like a small town. Each section of Brooklyn does have it's own distinct personality. That's one of the things I love about the city.

    ReplyDelete