Monday, April 1, 2013

Forsaking the Prize By Heather Boyd

After reading the first book in the Wild Randalls series I could not wait to read Forsaking the Prize. Heather Boyd did not let me down, this book was enthralling as the first. It was another book that I just could not bring myself to put down. I think I am becoming a fan of Heather Boyd's very quickly.

In Forsaking the Prize we get to read more about Blythe, Lady Venables and Tobias Randall. Blythe has had such a rough life with losing her husband and her young son. She just has not been able to pull herself out of mourning. Her sister questions if she will ever be the fun loving sister she remembers so well. The only time Blythe is happy is when she is visiting with her nephew. That is until Tobias enters the picture. I totally felt a connection to Blythe and the misery she has endured. This is one strong, loving woman that I feel so deserves to find her happily ever after.

Tobias Randall was sent away at a young age to basically fend for himself. He was separated from his siblings after the death of his parents. He did not have an easy life and has the scars to prove it both physically and emotionally. 

At first Blythe and Tobias do not hitch at all. They bicker a lot but find that sparks are involved even when they are bickering. These two are exactly what the other needs. They are able to come together and help each other heal from their wounds of the past. I loved watching these two together. They have such a spark and chemistry that I found so interesting. Blythe and Tobias have a special connection that helps when they are searching for the answers to find the still missing Randall siblings. They work really well together and their attraction grows as they get to know each other better. 

Once again Heather Boyd has taken me on a thrilling trip to Romsey Abbey that I truly enjoyed. We learn the answer to a few questions that were left unanswered in the previous book. There are so VERY unexpected twist in this story. 

I can't wait to read the next book in the series and see what fabulous story Ms. Boyd has come up with next. 

I would highly recommend this wonderful story to any historical romance fan that enjoys a fascinating love story with some mystery thrown in.


No comments:

Post a Comment