Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Duke of St. Giles by Jillian Eaton ~ Rookery Rakes #1 ~ REVIEW

The Duke of St. Giles is the first book I have had the chance to read by Jillian Eaton. I really enjoyed her writing style. She has created a interesting storyline with witty characters. 

Emily and West could not have came from more opposite backgrounds or met under stranger circumstances. However they make for an interesting couple. Emily is a lady who comes from a rich background also enjoys the simple things in life. I really liked Emily. She is fun, charismatic with an interesting charm, and a strong independence. 

West came from a very poor background and has a very bad reputation for being ruthless to get what he wants. When he meets Emily he feels things he never thought he would feel. West is one of those guys that has a bad boy reputation but really is just a softie under it all. When he does bad things they are usually for the right reasons. He feels a responsibility to the people and he takes that responsibility seriously. 

I don't want to give away too much of the storyline. This is a fascinating story that kept me turning pages. There is a lot of drama, some sweet romance, and a lot of unexpected events. There are a few twist and turns that I sure did not see coming and they left me clinging to edge of my seat wondering what in the world was going to happen next. 

If you enjoy a historical romance with some drama and humor thrown in, I think you will enjoy The Duke of St. Giles. I know I certainly did. I am anxious to see what interesting storyline Jillian Eaton comes up with for the second book in the Rookery Rakes series. I will be looking forward to reading it. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on The Duke of St. Giles

Amazon Buy Link: 


 The Duke of St. Giles

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely read, I haven't read this author either but from your review, it looks like I need to add another title to my TBR mountain! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete