Saturday, January 16, 2016

#Interview - Wrapped Up in Lies By Jess Erin - The Adventures of Ms. Fortune

Wrapped Up in Lies 
The Adventures of Ms. Fortune
By Jess Erin
~*~*~*~*~*~
Interview:

Crystal: Today I have the pleasure of hosting Jess Erin. Welcome Jess! I'm thrilled to have you here today! Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?

Jess: Hello! My name is Jess and I am the author of Wrapped Up in Lies: The Adventures of Ms. Fortune.! My book was inspired by my travels through Egypt and Jordan and my love for Egyptology. I am a stay-at-home mom, so the only traveling I do these days is driving my little one to her activities. I love writing, because I relive my vacations as I create my stories. I still remember how uncomfortable camel riding was through the desert. I hope to travel more in the future.
I am also a chocoholic. It is a lifelong relationship that I hope to continue forever. For two years I have been taking Bollywood dancing, which is a blast! The music is addicting! 
Before becoming a mom (Manager of the Mansion, as I like to say :) , I was in education. I have taught every grade from kindergarten to college. I got my Masters in Radio and Television with a specialty in the policing systems in Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (i.e. The Sims, Star Craft). Really it meant that I got to play videogames for school. It was a lot of fun!

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Jess: Lately, I have been working on my second Emma Fortune novel, Sunk by Lies. I am working on the final revisions, but as I do, more and more ideas have been coming to me! I am also working on my third novel, Amenpnufer: The Tomb Robber, which is based off the true testimony of an Egyptian tomb robber in the 20th Dynasty, as recorded in the Amherst Papyrus.

Crystal: Where did you come up with the idea for for either your current release or your current WIP?

Jess: I remember the exact moment that Emma Fortune came to me. At the time, my daughter was taking 3 hour naps, which I am not complaining about, but I had grown tired of my usual past times. I started looking at travel blogs and saw a writing contest being announced. I decided to try it. By the end of the day, I had written most of the preface. I liked Emma Fortune so much that I decided to not enter the contest and write the rest of her story.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite snack that like to munch on while writing? If so would you mind sharing what it is with us?

Jess: I don’t always snack, but when I do, I eat plain Cheerios, with no milk. My husband is always amazed that I can eat them like that. He thinks that it tastes like cardboard. What can I say? It’s an oldie that has stuck around since I was a little kid. :) 

Crystal: Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us?

Jess: My favorite scene is when Emma stumbles upon an Egyptian tomb. Dash, who believes that he is irresistible to women and is the resident Egyptologist throws out one of his charming trademark lines. Here it is:

“As her eyes adjusted to the light, Emma could not believe what she saw. She had not hit treasure in Transjordan, but mistakenly hit it here. There was a beautiful wood bed covered in gold along one corner of the room. Stacked on it were gold covered boxes and a leather case with long walking sticks in it. At the foot of the bed was an inscribed chest with more gold than the monarchy probably had in their crowns. 
Dash excitedly called out to her, “Look at that chest! Don’t you wish you could just say to whomever this tomb belongs to, ‘I’m looking for treasure. Can I touch your chest?’”

Crystal: When you are not busy writing wonderful stories to keep us lucky readers entertained, what do you like to do? Do you have a hobby? 

Jess: I love spending time with my family. My daughter is 2 ½ years old and is always a blast! Right now she is into space, so spend a lot of time at our local observatory. After running around after her all day, my husband and I always like to watch a fun show together before we pass out. We wish we had her energy!
Once a week, I take Bollywood dancing. It is a lot of fun and a workout! 

Crystal: Do you have a favorite background noise you like to having going while you write (TV, Music, kids playing)?

Jess: Usually I like to work in silence, but lately I have been watching Bridezillas on Netflix. It’s a guilty pleasure!

Crystal: Thanks for visiting. It has been a pleasure having you visit today. Can you think of anything else you would like to share with us today?

Jess: I hope that people enjoy my stories! They are meant to be lighthearted, escapes from reality for a little while. I always appreciate reviews on Goodreads and Amazon! Please feel free to contact me! I love to hear from my readers- jesserinauthor@gmail.com, Facebook- JessErin- Author, and Instagram- JessErinAuthor. Thank you so much!

Crystal: I am currently reading Wrapped Up in Lies and I must say I am enjoying the story.I have already found myself laughing out loud a few times. So everyone, stay tuned for my review. It will be posted soon :)

Amazon Buy Link


~*~*~*~*~*~
Blurb: 

Emma Fortune, a modern 1920’s woman, never expected when she decided to travel to Petra, Transjordania (modern-day Jordan), to find lost treasure; that she would spend so much of her time precariously perched atop an ornery camel. Especially one that can actually aim when he spits! She also didn’t bargain on then being whisked away by the Egyptian Museum’s Department of Antiquities to become a key player in an elaborate marketing ploy to lure wealthy tourists to Egypt’s ancient sites. Emma is often in de-NILE-l as she combats ancient mummy curses, annoyingly flirtatious coworkers, and too many hairy situations to count! She isn’t on this journey alone, though sometimes she wishes she were- enter Dash Darling, Egyptologist, who is eager to get his hands on a chest… any kind of chest; Amira, Emma’s elegant right-hand lady; Ali, a recent college art grad; Alistair, a BBC journalist, and Khalid, Emma’s mysterious Transjordanian guide. This team knows that they have to succeed or else risk being “wrapped up in lies” of their own making!

Amazon Buy Link

No comments:

Post a Comment