Sunday, November 16, 2014

An American Holiday by Bobbi Romans ~ Review ~

I have to admit I have a few of Bobbi Roman's books in my to be read pile. As some of you know this pile is HUGE. The first book I have had a chance to read by Bobbi Roman's is An American Holiday. Let me just say I will be shuffling the pile around. I MUST read more of her work and soon! I loved this book. Oh my goodness I love to laugh when reading and laugh I did. I laughed so much I had to read parts of this book out loud to my family because it was so funny I just had to share. 

Kristi James and her family may remind many of us of our own families from time to time. Especially around the holidays when everything may be just a little crazy for some. 

Kristi returns home and the first night she ventures out on the town with her brothers. I so want to explain so many things here but I sure do not want to spoil this story for you. I will say just imagine a night going wrong and then being saved by your loving father. I have to say I really did like how her Dad had a way of helping her out at this part. I found it to be cute and very typical of something a loving parent would do.

That's not where the comedy of holiday mishaps ends though. There is a a whole slew of things that go wrong and make for an interesting story. There is a uninvited guest at the holiday table, there are rumors going around that sure are not true, and there is these strange feelings she has for her best friend Simon.

Overall I have to say this was a great Holiday story. It's a perfect story to read around Thanksgiving and be thankful when things go right for your holiday dinner. It's also a good reminder to remember even when things don't go quite right there are still many things to be thankful for. 

I have to say that Bobbi Roman's has written a story that is full of humor, a little mystery, and a whole lot of fun. This is a relatively short story and I read it in one setting. That might be because I was having such a wonderful time I could not put this book down.

If you are looking for a quick story to read on the way to your family holiday party, grab this one! Then tell them all about it when you get there. 

I know I am looking forward to reading more of Bobbi Roman's work soon. 

I was given the opportunity to read this story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on An American Holiday.

Amazon Buy Link: 

  An American Holiday

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I need to rad this one!!! ---Rae

    ReplyDelete