A Long Time Coming
By Heather Van Fleet
Giveaway: Heather is doing a Tour wide giveaway of 5 ebooks of A Long Time Coming and a $25 Amazon GC. Please be sure to use the Rafflecopter below to enter.
Top Ten Favorite Movies by Heather Van Fleet
Let’s face it, books are way more awesome than movies…but once in while you’ll find that ONE movie that sticks with you forever and then some. Below is my top ten favorites. Let’s see if we have any in common!
10. Call me a sucker (no pun intended of course) but my number ten top fave will always be TWILIGHT. I remember my mom BEGGING me to watch this and I was all like, eww…totally not into vamps and such…but yeah…I watched it eight times in one week after I finally got around to seeing it.
9. The late nineties movie SHE’S ALL THAT is number nine. The nerd girl gets the popular girl? Yeah, definitely me. Because I kind of was that nerd girl in high school. Besides that, I had a huge Freddie Prinz Jr. obsession. Where is that man by the way? L
8. TITANIC. Leonardo DiCapprio...that fancy car scene with the hand on the window… Need I really say more?
7. SWEET HOME ALABAMA was a winner to me. Love, love, love little Reese. The storyline was old, but this one definitely stuck with me. Hit that sweet spot so to speak.
6. I don’t exactly remember how old I was when this movie came out. But I do know it was the first romantic suspense movie that ever tripped my movie trigger. SPEED with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Yum. Loved it! Loved that ending where they slid out from under the bus together. Why though, did they have to ruin such and epic film with such and awful sequel? Ugh.
5. I am a huge fan of HOW TO LOOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS. Matthew…you totally rock my socks off lemme just say. And you didn’t even need to strip to do it!
4. (Getting down to the nitty gritty here.) Total Disney princess fan. And I’m not ashamed to admit that TANGLED is on this list. Wowzas…who would have thought I’d crush over a little cartoon dude. J
3. This is a new one, just released, but my god it HAD to make it on my list. CATCHING FIRE was AMAZEBALLS. Jennifer Lawrence is in fact my most favorite actress btw. Just thought I’d share that. This was THE BEST book to movie film ever if I do say so myself.
2. Tough, tough, tough…but I’m a huge fan of dance movies. SAVE THE LAST DANCE will always be one of my epic faves. Loved it. Worshiped it. Still break it out sometimes when I’m feeling the need to rehash such a powerful story line.
1. And the number one most epic film of all times for this girl, right here? DIRTY DANCING. Because Jennifer and Patrick made me believe in romance. :)
Abigail Orson has a problem. A love problem to be precise; and she has absolutely no idea how to go about fixing it.
For years now, she has been chasing her best friend’s brother—demanding things from him that he’s never wanted to give. For one? A real relationship that surpasses well beyond that dreaded ‘just friends’ zone. You see, David Anderson is her idea of perfection to a T. The one and only guy who has ever had the ability to make her heart beat faster; make her toes curl with the simple blink of his long, girly lashes. But David is also a recovering amputee, and the only thing he really wants from Abigail is to be left alone. Abigail is a fighter though, and losing the one guy who has ruined her for every other is no longer an option.
A guy with one leg who has lost his motivation to live—to love—to actually be a man. David believes he’s a waste of space. If only the beautiful girl of his unattainable dreams would get that through her perfect, blonde, stubborn head! He’s not the right guy for Abigail. He’ll never be worthy of what she deserves. However, staying away is almost impossible, especially when he’s just as in love with her as she is with him. But Abigail has a life ahead of her, one that’s definitely livable without a nineteen–year–old gimp like him holding her down. What makes her want to stick around is beyond questionable to David’s mind.
Choices will be made. Lines will be drawn. And together, they will face challenges that nobody saw coming. David and Abigail may have had almost fourteen years to fall in love, but the thing is, timing and love have never exactly worked in their favor.
It has been years in the making, and definitely A Long Time Coming for David and Abigail. Let’s hope they don’t screw it up before they actually have the chance to get it right…
Contemporary New Adult Novel
From Sunshine Press, 266 pages
Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/376721
All Romance Ebooks -
Sunshine Press -
Barnes & Noble -
Book Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQKcgfuqZVU
She spun around, nibbling on her lip, grabbing both of his hands as she pulled him slowly along with her. Her eyes were so focused and shiny that he barely remembered his own name, let alone what he was about to say.
“No crutches, David.”
They made it to the edge of the floor, just as the tempo of the music slowed, to that of a seductive, rhythmic beat. She pulled his hands towards her, and he took that non–verbal command, wrapping his arms around her waist. His fingers knew just what to do, settling into the curves of her body right above her perfect ass. Those damn traitorous body parts had a mind of their own.
“I won’t let you fall…” she whispered in his ear, running her fingers through the back of his hair like a vixen who he wanted to steal away forever, only, though, so he could lock her up with him in the backseat of her car again.
Shit …it wasn’t the fear of falling that worried him. Oh no…it was the fear of never wanting to let her go again.
About the Author:
Midwestern native Heather Van Fleet lives in a small town on the Iowa/Illinois border. She’s a wife to her hubby--and high school sweet heart--Chris, as well as a mom to her three little girls, Kelsey, Emma and Bella. When she’s not obsessing over her fictional book characters, cooking dinner, or running around chasing her crazy kiddos, you can usually find her with her head stuck in her Kindle, sucking down White Chocolate Mochas like they're water.
a Rafflecopter giveaway