Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Fair Duchess by Julie Johnstone ~ Review ~

Julie Johnstone became one of my favorite authors with the very first book of her's that I read. Since then I've had the opportunity to read more of her work. With each book she just astonishes me with her incredible talent. 

I do not always judge a book by it's cover. However, when the story inside is just as awesome as the cover I find I must at least mention how pretty it is. I just loved the cover if I had a print copy of this book it would certainly be one that I would want to display because it is gorgeous!

My Fair Duchess is a great example of Ms. Johnstone's wonderful work. I have to say I was captivated by this book from the very beginning and I had a really hard time setting it down until I found out what in the world could possibly happen.

I instantly formed a bond with Lady Amelia De Vere. Oh my goodness this girl has a way of getting herself into some interesting situations. At times my heart really went out to her. I loved how she is so willing to do whatever it may take to help her brother get out of the situation they are in. She loves her family very much and I admired her greatly for that. 

The Duke Of Aversley has dealt with a lot of heartache and embarrassment in his young life. So to deal with the situations he decides to just make the worst reputation for himself that he can. However when he meets Lady Amelia she sees under all that bluster there really is a heart of gold. 

I so enjoyed watching Aversley help Amelia prepare for her season. Not only was it fun to watch this young lady, whom was not use to being the center of attention shine. It was a lot of fun watching these two get to know each other so much better. They truly became friends and formed deeper feelings than either thought was possible.

I adored this book and the characters in the book. This is book one of Ms. Johnstone's new series so I can not wait to see who's story she has in store for us next. The one thing I do know is that no matter which character's story she tells next it will be awesome! 

If you enjoy a fun historical romance, some drama and suspense, a few steamy scenes, and characters that are a great joy to meet, then you must grab this one now! 

I was given the opportunity to read My Fair Duchess so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on this great story.

You may find more of my reviews on Julie Johnstone's work Here.

Amazon Buy Links: 

 My Fair Duchess 

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! There are many interesting characters in this book, and I hope a book is in the future for Amelia's brother, Philip, Earl of Harthorne.
    I love Julie Johnstone's writing, it is easy reading, it flows. Not sure how else to describe it, I don't ever have to reread a sentence to make sense of it. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lesia. This is a great story. Julie has created some fun characters that I can't wait to see again soon :)

      Delete
  2. Crystal,

    Thank you for the lovely review! I'm so glad you loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leisa,

    What a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete