Saturday, November 30, 2013

Circle of Secrets By Lauren Tisdale ~ Interview ~



Circle of Secrets 
 By Lauren Tisdale


Crystal: Today I am happy to have Lauren Tisdale stop by for a short interview.Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today? Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?

Lauren: Sure! I'd love to. What can I say really. I found the hardest thing about my book was writing the author bio, I am no good at writing or talking about myself. I guess I can say writing started out as a hobby, I mainly wrote fan-fiction. Then I decided to take an old idea from my mother, who passed in 2007 and turn it into my own. I began to write it for NaNoWriMo and low and behold, I soon had a novel. I sent it off and was accepted to be published by Sweet Cravings and here I am now! I'm a wife and a mother to a three year old (will be three in December) and work at a police department as a dispatcher/reserve officer. 

Crystal:  Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us?

Lauren: Hmm, my favorite scene. Well I chuckled as I wrote a phone call between Carlos and Marissa. He was swift in his comeback when she said to ask her anything except for "How are you feeling?" so he responded with, "What are you wearing?" It made me chuckle and blush, I felt proud of that scene. Then of course there was the love scenes I enjoyed writing and according to my editor, I have a very good ability to write emotional scenes. I made myself cry a few times, so I am thinking she was right.

Crystal:  Where did you come up with the idea for Circle of Secrets?

Lauren: The idea was originally my mom's. She wanted to make it a movie and told me her idea. Before she could finish it, she got too sick. I was going to finish her work, but thought it would be better as a book. So I changed a bit of this, a bit of that, added this and that, made it my own and bam...there it is.

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Lauren: Currently, I am working on another NaNoWriMo project, the working title to be changed is Crimson Horizon. It is set in 1693 Salem and is a historical romance. I have 4 other ideas on the back burner I occasionally add things or research, so I have a lot to keep me busy.

Crystal: Do you have any special routine that you follow when you are writing? 

Lauren: write, facebook, write, facebook, write, web search, write, write, music, watch tv, write. LOL no particular routine. If I am in the "zone" I can write and focus. If not, I am easily distracted.

Crystal:  Did you have to do a lot of research for this book? If so do you have a fascinating fact that you have learned you would like to share with us?

Lauren: For this particular book, Circle of Secrets, I did a lot of research on kidney diseases. I was fascinated by it all really, it was interesting to learn about statistics and the medical aspect of it all. 

Crystal: Who are some of your favorite authors that you like to read?

Lauren:  Stephanie Meyers, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Sara Shepard, Charlaine Harris, Torie James, Jas T. Ward, Suzanne Collins.

Crystal:  Is there a genre you haven't written that you would like to try?

Lauren:  I'd like to try Erotica. That is one of the back burner ideas. I have a premise for it I think, but continue to research and get an outline before fully going for it. That and a series. I'd like to do a trilogy or series of some sort. I think it would be fun to have characters whose story goes on or multiple characters whose stories are told with each book that comes out.

Crystal: Thank you so  much for stopping by today Lauren. I have Circle of Secrets in my to be read pile and I can not wait to read it.  




2 comments:

  1. Fun interview, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview! That was a lot of fun to read and it sounds good book.

    ReplyDelete