Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Christmas Cookie Collection ~The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #1-4 ~by Lori Wilde ~ Review ~


Oh My where do I start with this one? The Christmas Cookie Collection contains so many of my favorite things I'm not sure which one to tell you about first.

First of all if you have read a lot of my reviews you know that I love Christmas stories. I'll read a good Christmas story in the middle of July given the chance. However when it gets to be this time of year and I am given the chance to read a Christmas story, I am beyond ecstatic. I really enjoy Lori Wilde's work. She has a wonderful talent of creating fun charismatic characters that I just can't help but adore. Then she has set these wonderful characters in a small town! Yet another one of my favorite types of stories! So we have a WONDERFUL Christmas theme, we have Lori Wilde whom I am a huge fan of, and a couple of small town romance stories all in one book. I think to say I loved this book it putting it mildly. OK now I'll tell you a little bit about each story in the FABULOUS book.

Carrie The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #1: When Carrie's first love  Mark Leland returns to twilight, it throws Carrie's world into chaos. Mark is in town to film a Myth Busters reality show. I loved that the town has so many sweethearts that have been together since high school. However the show is in town to disprove this theory of high school sweethearts staying together due to a wish in a fountain. I really liked Carrie she is just trying to get through the holiday season and not end up spending time with Mark when he is in town. However when these two are together there is no doubt they still have feeling for each other. There is a lot of drama over the TV Show and a really nice reunion romance story with Carrie and Mark. 

Raylene The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #2Raylene Pringle and her husband Earl are separated due to the secret that Raylene kept all these years. She had a baby girl that she gave up at birth. Earl doesn't take the news well and disappears. Raylene is having a tough holiday season. When Shannon shows up to answer the help wanted sign Raylene hires her and offers her a place to live. There's a little more to Shannon's story then she reveals right away. I loved the romance between Shannon and Nate Deavers. Nate really is just an all around good guy. He is exactly the type of guy Shannon needs after what her ex put her through. I don't want to tell you too much here. I'm just going to say that I love this story and I adored the end. This was one of those feel good Christmas stories for me. 


Christine The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #3: Christine receives some disappointing news and she is just not in the HO HO HO holiday spirit this year. That is until an old friend from high school, Eli Borden, walks in the door. He is in need of a birthday cake for his daughter. However after meeting Christine again he finds he wants more then just a birthday cake. These two have a wonderful chemistry together. Eli has his hands full with 4 children at home. When Christine first meets Eli's children, things do not go well. Can Christine and the Eli find a way to blend their lives together to get that that happily ever after that all Twilight residents are finding with their high school loves? 


Grace The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #4: I have to admit that Grace was probably my favorite story in this book. Flynn and Jesse Calloway have both had sad things happen in their past. However now they are expecting a brand new bundle of joy. I have to admit that once I started this story there was no putting it down. Once the snow storm started I knew major drama was on the way. Flynn is stranded in the car and very much in labor. Jesse has to find his wife in the middle of a major snow storm with heavy fog. There is plenty of drama in this story and it kept me completely enthralled. I don't want to give anything away but this is another one of those fabulous endings that I just LOVED. 


On the whole I loved Carrie, Raylene, Christine, and Grace. As I said I think Grace was probably my favorite story, but they are all wonderful. I love Christmas stories, I love small town romances, and Lori Wilde has yet again created several wonderful stories that kept turning the pages quickly. 


If you are like me and enjoy Christmas stories and small town romances or either one, I think you should check this one out. I think you will really enjoy all 4 stories contained in this collection. So what are you waiting for click the link and get your copy ordered! 


I was given the opportunity to read this book to share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on the wonderful Christmas story. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like these are great story to evoke the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete