Friday, December 13, 2013

Miss Watson's First Scandal by Heather Boyd ~ Miss Mayhem Novella Series ~ Review ~


I have been a fan of Heather Boyd's work since the first Wild Randall's series book that I read. So when I found out she had another series coming out, I could not wait to read it. Miss Watson's First Scandal is the first book in the Miss Mayhem novella series. Once again Ms. Boyd has written a wonderful historical romance, with fun characters that each has their own charming distinctive personality.

I just adored Abigail Watson. She is mischievous but also very caring and protective. Abigail sets out to help her brother save their home. She has a plan, but it doesn't really work out. 

I liked Abigail's interaction with her best friend Imogene. I think that these two together could get themselves into some mischief but have a lot of fun together. 

When David Hawke has to give the Watsons some bad news, he is geniniunly upset that he has to give his friends this news, but doesn't really see a way to fix the problem. I admired David for taking it upon himself to deliver the bad news to his friends, rather than allow his partner to delivery the message. 

I really enjoyed the romance between David and Abigail. Their friendship is a nice base for a romantic relationship. Neither one is looking for love but unexpectedly find something special together. 

Miss Watson's First Scandal is full of romance, a few steamy scenes, some drama, and some laughs. It is a nice short story that I was able to get through in a very short amount of time. Of course I was turning pages quite quickly because I could not wait to see what was going to happen next. 

If you are a fan of Heather Boyd I think you will enjoy the start of another fun historical romance series. If you have not read any of Ms. Boyd's work yet, give this one a try, it's a short story that will give you a good sense of her work. 

I was given the opportunity to read this story to share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Miss Watson's First Scandal.





1 comment: