Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Officer and the Bostoner by Rose Gordon ~ Review~


I have just finished yet another fabulous story by Rose Gordon. I quickly became a fan of Ms. Gordon's historical romance stories after reading the Banks' Brother's Brides series. I loved The Officer and the Bostoner from the beginning. This woman has a way of writing a story with drama, a few steamy scene's, and some hilarious scenes that made me laugh out loud. That is part of what I love about Rose Gordon's books they always make me laugh.

I so thoroughly enjoyed reading Wes & Allison's story. On her way to meet her intended, the stage coach takes a wrong turn. Allison thinks her journey has left her in a horrible position in the middle of no where. That is until she meets Wes, handsome, sweet, kind hearted Captain Wes Tucker. At first these two don't mesh all that well but the sparks are there right away. I loved Allison with her spunky personality and Wes is just such a wonderful guy, how could I help but love him? Wes offers to marry Allison to keep her safe until her Nicholas arrives to  claim her as his own. They don't mean to fall for each other but the more time they spend together the closer they become.

I loved watching this cute couple grow closer and try to protect each other as the story goes on. There is plenty of drama, romance, & laughter in this book that kept me turning pages quickly. I can not wait to read the next book in this series. Ms. Gordon has not yet failed to keep me highly entertained with one of her books.

I am so glad I was able to obtain a copy of this book from Netgalley to share my thoughts with you.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun read, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about Rose Gordon's books I've added them to my must read list

    ReplyDelete