Saturday, July 20, 2013

Willowleaf Lane by RaeAnne Thayne ~ Hope's Crossing #5 ~ Review


The very first book I read by RaeAnne Thayne was Blackberry Summer, the first book in the Hope Crossing series. I will admit I fell in love with the cover first, the covers for this whole series have been beautiful, but when I opened the book and started reading, OH my! I was quickly hooked on Ms. Thayne's work. Since then I have been impatiently awaiting each new release. Willowleaf Lane the fifth book in the Hope's Crossing series and is just as fabulous as the rest of the series. I love small town series where everyone knows everyone else. I also love that most small town romance stories also include the support of the community. Someone is always there when someone in town is in need. I love how they whole community will pull together to help each other out.

Charlotte Caine is not thrilled when she finds out that Spencer Gregory, her old crush, is back in town.  However his daughter Peyton soon finds a special place in Charlotte's heart. Charlotte feels a connection to Peyton because she lost her mother at a young age just as Peyton has.  I love how Charlotte does all these really sweet things to help Peyton feel welcome and make her feel more at home in Hope's Crossing.  Peyton has some problems she needs some help dealing with. I admired how Charlotte steps in to help Peyton & Spencer. Charlotte is wonderful woman with a heart made out of gold. I totally loved Charlotte and her willingness to do anything to help her family and friends. 


Spencer Gregory has been through a lot since high school. His life was going great, he was playing pro ball, everything was wonderful, until everything starts to fall apart. This guy certainly has more then his fair share of bad luck. When he returns to his hometown he fully expects everyone to give him the cold shoulder that he has been receiving else where. It isn't too long until he finds out that he does have a few supporters left in Hope's Crossing. He has plenty of drama that unfolds in his life after he returns home and it's nice he has a few people in his corner. 


Charlotte does her best not to fall in love with Spence again but the guy is just too darn wonderful to resist. I found it adorable to watch Spencer work trying to get Charlotte's attention and affection. I love reunion stories where the guy realizes the love of his life was right there all along, he just didn't know it. 


Charlotte and Spencer's story was another fascinating tale that I enjoyed during my recent visit to Hope's Crossing.  If you enjoy a touching reunion romance story, a small town romance series, a few dramatic problems, and a just plain enthralling story then you should check this one out. If you haven't read the rest of the series I would highly recommend those as well. 


So now that I have devoured Willowleaf Lane I will now start my wait for the next fabulous book by Ms. Thayne. 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful read, thanks for the terrific review!

    ReplyDelete