Sunday, January 5, 2014

Her Unexpected Cowboy by Debra Clopton ~ Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch Series ~ Review ~


When I received Her Unexpected Cowboy by Debra Clopton in the mail, I was just going to read the the introduction pages. I had another print book that was in my review pile next so I intended to place this one under it. However after reading the intro pages I kept reading, the next thing I knew I was 25 pages into the story. Ms. Clopton has once again written one of those wonderful stories that grabbed my attention right away. I really enjoyed Her Unexpected Cowboy, the second book in the Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch series. This is a really great series that is full of those wonderful cowboys that I know a lot of us love to read about. 

Rowdy has been burned by love in the past, he has no intention of falling in love again, maybe EVER! However when he stops by to greet the new neighbor Lucy, he finds himself intrigued. 

Lucy has been through a lot and has the scars to prove it. Her scars make her very self conscious and she really doesn't want anyone else to see them. 

I really liked Lucy. She strong, tough, and brave with a little bit of fear and not a lot of self confidence. She likes to take her frustration out on her house that she is remodeling. I loved that she would pick up a sledge hammer and take down a wall. I can really see where this would relieve some anger and frustration. However the boys of Sunrise Ranch were a little afraid she might take out a few too many walls. 

Lucy is not looking for a relationship either and fights Rowdy's offers of help many times before she gives in and allows him and the boys to help her. Not only were the boys able to help with the work on the house and barn but Tony (one of the boys) helps her see that her scars are not as unattractive to other people as she thinks. 

On the whole I really enjoyed this book. It is full of a lot of emotional moments that brought a few tears and there is also some really humorous moments that made me laugh. The romance between Rowdy and Lucy is so sweet as it grows. These two are exactly what the other needs. 

I have been a fan of Debra Clopton's work since I had the chance to read Her Forever Cowboy. She has a way of telling a very moving story with a lot of meaning but also throws some great humor in as well. I LOVE the Sunrise Ranch Series and what they are doing for these wonderful children. I can't wait to see what Ms. Clopton has in store for the next book. I will be anxiously awaiting it's release. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on  Her Unexpected Cowboy.





No comments:

Post a Comment