Monday, December 15, 2014

Branded by Colette Auclair ~ Aspen Valley #3 ~ Review

Branded is the third book in the Aspen Valley series by Colette Auclair. I have had the opportunity to read all three books. They have all been very enjoyable reads. They have each had really nice covers as well. I think Branded is my favorite so far, check out that beautiful horse. That alone would make me want to read this book. 

Cordy Sims has taken a job in Aspen to get away from home. She needs some time away from her family and friends of a very dramatic decision she has made. She has no intention of meeting a handsome gentleman and speeding a wild weekend with him. However when she meets Jack Cormier when he "accidentally" drops something from the sky, things change. Cordy and Jack have an instant attraction and they both decide to explore where things may lead for the weekend. 

Jack and Cordy are pretty steamy right from the start of their relationship. When Monday rolls around and they are suppose to part ways neither is ready. However that is the agreement they made so they part ways.

Cordy has a job to do and this strong willed lady is going to do her best to get it done. I loved her reaction when she finds out that her relationship with Jack isn't quite over. It's changed a little bit now though. Instead of steaming up the bedroom they are now working together to create the perfect plan for a new client. 

I had the opportunity to meet Jack in Jumped, the second book in the Aspen Valley series, so it was really nice to read his story. He is one interesting fellow that certainly has a way with the ladies especially Cordy. 

As some of you know I love series books because I LOVE to catch up with old friends. In Branded I got to see what Beth and Finn have been up to since Jumped. It was also great to see  Amanda, Grady, and the girls. Oh and how could I possibly forget Harris. We all need a Harris around. This guy is funny, the best friend anyone could ask for, and has a talent for making interesting drinks that are just what is needed for the moment. 

There are also horses included in this lovely story. Of course they were one of my favorite parts of the story. I love when animals are included in the storyline. 

I am going to issues a Kleenex warning on this story. There is one part that you are going to need those tissues so grab them before you start reading. I don't want to tell you what happens but you will certainly know what I'm talking about while you are dabbing your eyes reading.

I really enjoy Colette Auclair's writing style and creativity. Her characters are fun, friendly, and entertaining to read about. I have enjoyed each of my visits to Aspen Valley.  I can not wait to see what she wonderful story she comes up with next. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Branded

You may read my reviews of the other two books in the Aspen Valley series here.

Amazon Buy Links:

 Branded

 Jumped

 Thrown 

No comments:

Post a Comment