Friday, December 5, 2014

Boots and Wishes by Myla Jackson ~ Ugly Stick Saloon #8 ~ Review

This is the first chance I have had to read a book from the Ugly Stick Saloon series and let me tell you I have been missing out!!! Of course I have found that I have quite a fondness for Myla Jackson's stories so it does not surprise me one bit that I loved this story.  

I laughed, cried, sat on the edge of my seat a few times, and my kindle got plenty warm a time or two. Overall, this book has all the great things I ask for in a book. 

I could instantly feel the love and connection between Audrey and Jackson. I could just feel how much these two love each other and all their friends and family. Audrey is really good at taking in people that are in need of love and help. She has a huge heart and wants to help everyone. However, the one thing she wants herself just isn't happening. The only thing Audrey and Jackson want for Christmas this year is a little baby of their own. However they just don't seem to get pregnant no matter what they try. 

Just when they make up their mind to just let things happen a new little one enters their life. Mia and her mother are in need of help, love, and a strong support system. That is just what they find at the Ugly Stick Saloon. 

This book is number eight in the Ugly Stick Saloon series, however you will have no problem reading it as  stand alone. I have not read the rest of the series yet and I had no trouble at all. In fact I thoroughly enjoyed this story from the beginning to the end. There is plenty of steamy scenes that just might lead to making that baby they want to badly. Also there is a lot of suspense and drama. I don't want to tell you too much about that part. I'll leave it as a surprise for you when you are reading. 

I love the friendship and love you can feel with everyone associated with the Ugly Stick Saloon. You can tell this is just one large extended family that really cares for each other. 

This book is set at Christmas time. Some of you know how much I adore Christmas books so I was thrilled to find a Christmas story by one of my favorite authors. I just can't get my hands on enough Christmas books this time of year. 

Once again Myla Jackson has written another fabulous story that I could not put down. I read this in one setting. I couldn't help myself. I had to know what was going to happen next. 

I was given the opportunity to read Boots and Wishes so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on this great book. 

You may read more of my reviews on Myla Jackson work here

Amazon Buy Links:
 Boots and Wishes



No comments:

Post a Comment