Sunday, December 21, 2014

Plagued By Quilt by Molly MacRae ~A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #4 ~ REVIEW

I have had the pleasure of visiting Blue Plum four times now. Each time has been a true pleasure and very enjoyable. Kath, Geneva, and TGIF gang always have a lot going on. This time there were two mysteries they needed to solve, plus Kath had a workshop to do at the Homeplace Living History Farms. There is a lot happening in Blue Plum right now and I had a great visit. I had a chance to catch up with Kath and the TGIF crew and checked in at Mel's to see what new creative recipes she is serving up now. I swear I can smell her yummy creations as I read. 

As you might be able to tell I fell in love with the Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery series from book number one,  Last Wool and Testament.  Molly MacRae captured my attention with her fun characters, her quirky and spunky ghost, and the intriguing story lines she writes. 

Plagued by Quilt is an intriguing story of a cold case murder that Geneva may know more about then she wants too. She just has to get past her nervous issues when she thinks about it to help Kath figure out what is going on.

Then there is the case of murder of one of the staff members. It turns out that there are more suspects then the police think. When they make an arrest the TGIF group sets out to find out the true story and make sure the correct person is punished for the murder. 

I found it so much fun to watch them work together. They have a way of getting themselves in a little bit of trouble and have to find their way out. Kath is really good at ending up in places she should not be at just the WRONG time. I love watching her trying to talk her way out of trouble or a dangerous situation. She does have a way of ending up in those. 

As always I laughed just as much as I was kept in suspense by Ms. MacRae's story. I really enjoy this lady's stories. Plagued by Quilt is a lot of fun and a great mystery. I have to admit I'd LOVE to meet Geneva. This ghost is quirky and spunky and always has her own input on things. It is always interesting for Kath to try to explain something to Geneva in front of people. I can never help but laugh though most of these scenes. 

There are a few surprises revealed during the story that I did not see coming. There is a big surprise at the end of the book for Ardis (one of the members of the TGIF group). I can not wait to see what unfolds with that surprise in the next Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery book. I will be impatiently awaiting the next release in this great series. 

If you enjoy a fun cozy mystery then you really should give Molly MacRae's work a try. If you haven't read the previous books in this series, don't worry, I think you be able to enjoy this one just fine as a stand alone. However you might want to go back and grab the other three because they are great as well. I don't think I can pick a favorite out of the four I have read so far. I think they are all my favorite.

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Plagued By Quilt.

You may read more of my reviews on Molly MacRae's work here.

Amazon Buy Links:

  Plagued By Quilt

 Spinning in Her Grave 

 Dyeing Wishes 

  Last Wool and Testament


2 comments: