Monday, December 1, 2014

Sultry Sensations by Grace Augustine ~ Acorn Hills Series ~ Review




Sultry Sensations is the third installment in the Acorn Hills Series by the talented and lovely Grace Augustine. I have had the pleasure of reading all three books so far and I loved each one. Each one of the Acorn Hills books has touched my heart deeply. However, I think that Sultry Sensations has had the deepest emotional impact on me. 

Ms. Augustine has outdone herself with this book. I always love this lady's work but Sultry Sensation deals with many emotional issues that really reached out and pull hard on my heart strings.

Sultry Sensations is the name of the shop owned by Denise Berrie in Acorn Hills. In this book we learn all about Denise's past. My heart broke for this poor girl who has survived so much and has endured so many troubles, traumatic events, and loss. Ms. Augustine has done a great job of telling us about Denise and what made her the lady she is today. I sure do not want to tell you to much about the story because I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone. I will tell you that I felt an instant connection to Denise. 

Denise is such a sweet girl but has trouble with friends. That is until she meets Jillian and Ginger. These two quickly adopt Denise right into their tight knit group of friends when they were just teenagers. Events make it so that they are unable to always be together but no mater what they are always their for each other. I love the strong friendship ties in this book. It shows that family doesn't have to be blood to be family. Denise is welcomed deeply into a family and she loves them dearly just as they love her. 

Ms. Augustine deals with some really tough issues in this book. She has done a great job of showing us the emotions that Denise goes through with each issue that she has to face. 

If you have had a chance to read Bittersweet or Mystic Capers then you too have met Denise prior to Sultry Sensations. I have been looking forward to reading her story. I just knew that this lady had a story to be sold that was going to reveal so many things about her. 

Sultry Sensation is the third book in the Acorn Hills series however, if you haven't had a chance to read the two prior books you won't have any problem reading this as a stand alone. Grace Augustine has done a fabulous job of making each book contain enough information that they can be read on their own. However they are all so awesome I think you are going to want to read them all. That way you can meet the whole group from Acorn Hills. 

Holiday Hide and Seek is also just released. I have it next in my to be read pile. I believe it is going to reveal a little more information about Denise's life in the present day. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling there is more to learn. 

If you enjoy a small town romance style book then you will love this series. Acorn Hills is not a small town but it gives you that small town feeling. I think that is because this group of friends are so close and own these fun businesses that I would love to visit. 

If your weather looks like mine did a few days ago then Sultry Sensations would make a good book to curl up with and stay warm. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Sultry Sensations. 

You may find more of my reviews on Grace Augustine's work here.




Amazon Buy Links:


  Holiday Hide and Seek

Sultry Sensations

  Mystic Capers

  Bittersweet

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Crystal. Your kind words humble me. I'm glad you enjoy the Acorn Hills series. ;)

    ReplyDelete