Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Miss Merton's Last Hope by Heather Boyd ~ Miss Mayhem #4 ~ Review

I have to be completely honest with you all. At the beginning of the Miss Mayhem series I did not like Melanie Merton at all. I thought she was a rude interfering snob that really needed to mind her own business. I may have had the urge to slap this young lady a time or two. Now after reading Miss Merton's Last Hope, I feel horrible that had those terrible feelings for this troubled young lady. If I were to issue an award to the book that most changed my opinion of a character it would be Miss Merton's Last Hope. 

Melanie Merton experienced something in her past that explains a lot of things. I found it amazing how a few little details could so completely change my opinion. Melanie suffered a dramatic event that left her with a lot of emotional scars. No one, that is until Walter George, understood why Melanie acted the way she did. I honestly bonded with Miss Merton in this book. Under that tough exterior and sometimes harsh words laid the heart of a kind and loving soul. WHO KNEW?!? I certainly did not expect it.

Walter George is a kind, caring gentleman that uses his wealth for good. He is behind a lot of good deeds. He is protective of those he cares about and is a good friend.  

Melanie finds herself attracted to her brother's dear friend and neighbor. However she is determined not to marry. She has turned down many and do mean many of suitors that have asked for her hand in marriage.  Melanie has her reasons but she doesn't wish to disclose them to just anyone. 

Walter and Melanie both have deep feelings for each other. They have known each other since childhood There has been a spark of attraction that just can not be ignored no matter how much they try. 

I don't want to tell you too much about this intriguing ending to the Miss Mayhem series. If you have read any of the previous books in the series then you really need to read Miss Merton's story. If you haven't read the previous books in the series, never fear, each of the Miss Mayhem stories will stand alone just fine. You may want to grab them all though. They are terribly addictive and easily devoured in a short amount of time. 

I have a deep affection for Heather Boyd's historical romances. This talented author has yet again written a deeply moving story with passionate characters that kept me entertained and made my kindle sizzle. I found myself completely engrossed in Miss Merton's story. With each twist that was unveiled I flipped the pages faster to see what could possible happen next. I was so completely captivated that I reached the end before I knew it. That is when the sad reality hit. This was it, this is the last chapter in the Miss Mayhem series. My beloved friends have all had their stories told and now are on with their lives. My only hope is that maybe a character or two will find their way into another one of Ms. Boyd's wonderful stories.

I will be anxiously awaiting the release of Ms. Boyd's next release. Her books are always on the top of my must have and must have now list.

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Miss Merton's Last Hope.

You may find more of my reviews on Heather Boyd's work here.





Amazon Buy Links:

 Miss Merton's Last Hope












1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the story. Cheers. Heather

    ReplyDelete