Monday, October 19, 2015

Dangerous Weakness by Caroline Warfield ~ REVIEW

Dangerous Weakness is the first chance I have had to read Caroline Warfield's work. This talented lady has spun a tale of twist, turns, and a few tangles that kept me spellbound from page one all the way to the end.

Lily Thornton is a strong spirited lady that has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to use it.  I admired Lily from the beginning. She is a feisty young lady that has just the right amount of sass to make things interesting. 

Richard Hayden, Marquess of Glenaire is in need of a wife. He sets out to find a suitable wife that will fit in with his family, bare his children, and attend to the duties of a marchioness. When he meets Lily at a house party their attraction is evident but Lily isn't from the right ranks of a family for the Marquess to choose as his wife. However their deep attraction and flare for bristling each other into a fine squabble seems to draw Richard to Lily. 

Lily finds herself wrapped up in a web of danger and deceit. This poor lady has so much going on and danger is lurking around every corner. She has a few friends she is able to rely on. 

Richard follows Lily into a world of danger and turmoil. This storyline is so intense that I think I may have held my breath for a few pages. I could not wait to see what was going to happen to these two next. I could not imagine what Ms. Warfield may have in store for them. I feared for the safety, cheered for their triumphs and cried for their joys and sorrows. 

Over all this is one really great historical romance with plenty of mystery, drama, danger, friendships, and a touch of humor thrown into the mix to make for a tremendous read. 

I would certainly enjoy reading more of Caroline Warfield's work in the future.  I see there are two other "Dangerous" books by Ms. Warfield. I would love to read them to find out more background on the other characters in this story.

I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Dangerous Weakness. 

Amazon Buy Link:
 Dangerous Weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment