Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber ~ Review ~


I have been reading Debbie Macomber's work for years. I absolutely adored her Cedar Cove series and have enjoyed watching the character come to life on screen with the Hallmark series. So when I seaw that she had created yet another series set in one of my favorite places to visit, Cedar Cove, I could not wait to start reading. I just finished Rose Harbor in Bloom, the second book in her new Rose Harbor series. I have to say it is classic Debbie Macomber work, I couldn't bring myself to set this book down for long.

I immensely enjoyed meeting Jo Marie Rose and visiting her Bed and Breakfast. She has a lot going on in her life since her husband was killed. I admired her strength and courage, as well as her warm heart. She has been through a lot and has managed to run a business that requires a lot of compassion and care to run. She has a special talent of making her guests feel at home.

In this story we meet Mary who is facing health issues as well as some things from her past. Mary is strong, courageous and not willing to let her illness get her down. I enjoyed reading her story. I'm not going to tell you anymore than that, I will tell you that her story is very emotional. 

Annie and her Grandparents also have a nice story to tell. Annie's grandparents are celebrating their 50th anniversary and they are quite the pair. They were a lot of fun to read about. I found myself laughing at some of the scenes. Annie is dealing with the loss of a broken engagement and it doesn't help matters any when an old family friend shows up for the party. However there is some unexplored feelings between Oliver and Annie. I hope we hear more about them in the next book in the series.

Then there is Mark the handyman, Mark, I believe, is dealing with issues from his past but we don't know what that is yet. Mark has something unexpected happen in this story but once again I'm not going to tell you anymore then that, you are going to have to read it for yourself.

I had a wonderful visit in Cedar Cove and loved that we get a few glimpses of the characters from the beloved Cedar Cove series. I have not had a chance to read the first book in this series but I didn't find I had any problem being completely absorbed in this story. I would, however, love to read The Inn at Rose Harbor and I will be looking forward to Ms. Macomber's next release as always.

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book to read and share my thoughts with you.

3 comments:

  1. I'll admit I haven't read any of these, Debbie Macomber is a new to me author, but I believe I'm going to have to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonda! I hope you will enjoy them. Thank you so much for stopping by today :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like another great book by Debbie Macomber, I'm anxious to read it.

    ReplyDelete