Sunday, August 18, 2013

Royal Inheritance By Kate Emerson ~Secrets of the Tudor Court, #6 ~ Review


Have you ever started reading a book to quickly find out it wasn't going to be what you thought it was? That was the case with me for Royal Inheritance. It wasn't what I was expecting at all but it turned out to be an very enjoyable read. I find myself stepping out of my comfort zone on the occasion and I've really enjoyed reading a books that broaden my reading palate.  

I truly enjoyed reading Audrey's story, she was a very smart girl, with the knowledge to know what she should keep to herself. I loved how she interacted with the various people from different societies of life. For being a merchant's daughter she really was brought up to be quite the lady. A little on the mischievous side at times but this girl really has my admiration. 

I loved how she was doing her best to give her daughter all the details she needed to know so she didn't have to wonder later. I also appreciated the fact that she had to caution her daughter to guard the information she gave to her. I also found Audrey and Jack's interaction together to be quite entertaining and I often wondered what may happen next. 

Kate Emerson has done a lovely job of combining fiction as well as giving us a nice education of English history around the time of King Henry the VIII. Ms. Emerson has created a story that I found to be very enjoyable and fascinating. I enjoyed her style of writing, she tells a very well written story that kept me interested from the beginning to the end. I would not hesitate to read more work written by MS. Emerson.

I have not had the pleasure of reading the other books in the Secrets of Tudor Court, I have a feeling they would be an interesting read as well. I didn't feel like I was missing anything to the story with not having read the previous five books.

If you enjoy historical fiction mixed in with some interesting historical facts I really do think you will enjoy this book. 

I was given the opportunity to read Royal Inheritance in exchange for sharing my thoughts with you. As always it has been a pure pleasure for me to share my thoughts with you. If you should happen to have read or do read this book I would love to hear your thoughts. Please stop by my blog and let me know what you thought. 


2 comments:

  1. sounds like an interesting book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, I look forward to reading this and learning more about this time period. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete