Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dancing With A Devil (Whisper of Scandal #3) by Julie Johnstone ~ Review ~

I have now had the pleasure of reading two books by the talented Julie Johnstone. I have to say that I did not know which I would like better her paranormal romance or historical romance. I have to say I think they are about even. I loved Dancing With A Devil. This story had me completely enthralled from the beginning. 

Audrey Cringlewood father is ready to marry her off, however she wants to marry for love. She is sure she has met her love Lord Trent Rutherford. However she has to convince Trent that he is in love with her as well. There is a small problem though. I'm not going to tell you what the problem is because it is a good one. It certainly adds to the storyline. 

I really liked Audrey she is willing to do what he has to do to take care of her family. She is a strong brave girl that really is just looking after herself and her family. She has strong deep feelings for Trent and he for her. They just have a few obstacles to over come before they can be together. 

There is plenty of drama in this book that certainly had me turning pages quickly. I have not had the pleasure of reading the other books in the Whisper of Scandal series but I had no problem reading this as a stand alone book. I don't think you will either. 

I do believe that Ms. Johnstone may very quickly become one of my favorite historical authors. She has a great way of telling a historical romance with a little mystery thrown in to keep my attention. I know I will be looking forward to reading what ever she may have in store for us next. Whether it be historical or paranormal romance I know I'll be looking forward to her next new release. 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share thoughts with you on Dancing with A Devil

2 comments:

  1. Crystal.

    What a awesome review! Thank you so much. I am thrilled that you loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting story. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete