Monday, March 16, 2015

Duets by Emelle Gamble ~Once and Forever 0.5 ~ Review ~

Duets is the first chance I have had to read anything by Emelle Gamble. I am sure most of you know that fabulous feeling you get when you find a new author that just gets it right. That wonderful feeling of starting a new book by someone you haven't read before that catches you by the heart and grabs on tight. That is the feeling I felt when I started reading Duets.

Duets is a lovely introduction to the characters in Molly Harper. It gives a nice sense of the characters and their personalities before you get into the bigger story. 

Molly Harper is a movie star that is really down to earth and loves her family and friends. I felt an instant connection to Molly. She is just getting her big start in Duets and her career has really just taken a major turn for the big time. Molly is one of those characters that is just so unique I couldn't help but love her. 

Cruz Morales, Molly's childhood sweetheart is still  her best friend. What I loved about Cruz is that he is always there for Molly. Molly and Cruz have this deep connection that nothing and no one can come between. I loved the relationship between these two. Even though they are no longer together they still love each other. 

I loved the relationship between Molly and her mother Norma. Norma is one of those ladies that just might tell you what she thinks even if you really don't want to hear it.  She loves her daughter and wants what is best for her. She is the type of mother that will support her daughter's choices. 


Anne Sullivan and her husband are battling the Cancer that is slowly taking him away. I have to say I wondered what the connection was until the end of the story. Of course I'm not going to tell you yet what that is. I want you to have that breathless feeling that I had. I know the end of Duets took my breath away for a moment or two. I knew I needed to read Molly Harper right away! Lucky for me I have the book that includes Molly Harper. So I was able to start reading the rest of Molly Harper's story right away. 


Oh I almost forgot to mention Ben, he is married to Molly. Well I didn't feel that deep connection with this guy, unless you count dislike. He just isn't want Molly needs in my opinion.  Uh-oh I may be sounding a little like Norma there. 

Over all I adored the characters, the storyline, and Emelle Gamble's writing voice. She has done a fabulous job of putting together an intriguing story with fun characters. My Review for Molly Harper will be next. So please be sure to look for it as well. 


I was given the opportunity to read this great story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Duets

Amazon Buy Links: 

 Duets

 Molly Harper

 December Wedding

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely and generous review, dear Crystal. I am hoping the rating is really a 5 and not 0.5? HA! You're a favorite reviewer which the reader side of my brain always follows. XXX looking forward to what you think about Molly Harper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! They are great books. I can't wait to read more by Emelle Gamble :)

    ReplyDelete