Monday, October 28, 2013

Spy in the Saddle by Dana Marton ~ Review~


I have now had the pleasure of reading two books in the HQ: Texas series by Dana Marton. Spy in the Saddle is a wonderful addition to the series. I enjoyed this book just as much as My Spy. Ms. Marton has created a fascinating group of characters that really know how to get the job done. This book is packed full of action and drama with some mystery too of course. There are a few steamy scenes too. Ms. Marton has certainly created a series that I am going to enjoy following.

Shep Lewis has had some relationship problems in the past. He never imagined the woman that caused him so much trouble years ago would appear on this assignment. When Lilly Tanner is the FBI agent assigned to the case, he just hopes they can stay out of each others way. Of course that is impossible! The sparks start flying as soon as they meet again and when thrown into some dangerous situations those sparks become more like fireworks! 

Shep & Lilly work well together to try to piece together the smuggling ring case. They find themselves in some dangerous situations and work well to keep themselves alive. 


I really liked Lilly, this girl is use to doing whatever it takes to get the job done. I thought what she did in order to gain an "in" to the bar they were investigating was pretty cool. Shep didn't much like her idea but found to try to keep her safe. I think this was some of my favorite scene's in the book. I don't want to tell you what Lilly does because it will spoil it for you. So you'll just have to grab your own copy and read it for yourself. 


This book really is packed with lots of action and drama. This is part of a series and I have read the previous book but none of the others in the series. I had No problem at all reading either book, so I think you would be able to read these as a stand alone just fine. So if you have not read the rest of the series don't let that stop you from starting the series now.


If you enjoy a romantic suspense story with lots of action, drama, and some steamy scenes I think you will enjoy this book. I also think you may enjoy more of Ms. Marton's work because I know I am sure enjoying her wonderful talent. I have a couple more of her books in my to be read pile and I can't wait to get to them. I think I have found myself another new favorite author! I can't wait to see what Dana Marton comes up with for the other books in this series. 


I was given the fabulous opportunity to read this book so I may share my thoughts. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you. 


You may read my review of My Spy here..




1 comment:

  1. I am anxiously awaiting the chance to get this series to the top of my TBR mountain, I love this author's style and her suspense is always enthralling. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete