Friday, October 4, 2013

The Symbiotic Section by Tina Louise Brotz ~ Review ~


I just had the pleasure of reading The Symbiotic Section by Tina Louise Brotz. This is one of those great stories that keeps you on the edge of your seat while you are reading. I could not help wondering what was in store for these fascinating characters next.

I started out not being very fond of Michael Dickerson. I thought he was a self centered bully, but it turns out he is just a very busy man that is doing the best he can to balance life and work. As the story went on I found that he really did deeply care for his son Travis. There is a strong bond there, it was certainly not what I was expecting to start with. 

Michelle Pierson has had a very busy life since her divorce from Michael. She has her hand in several successful business and also tries to stay involved in her son Travis's life.


There are many dramatic moments in this book. I hate to tell you too much but I will tell you that Travis gets himself in huge mess and it is entirely not his fault at all. His parents work very well together for sake of Travis.  Travis is a good boy that works hard in school and loves gymnastics which he is very good at. 


Michael's business partner is a real piece of work. I don't want to tell you too much about this because that would totally ruin the dramatic surprise for you.  


One of my favorite characters is Salvatore Rizzo, this guy is full of mystery. He has his sources all over the place and seems to have a hand in anything that anyone might need done. If I was in trouble this is one guy I think I would want in my corner. I know I most certainly wouldn't want to cross him. 


I absolutely loved how at the end of the story Ms. Brotz gives us an update on each character a year later. I thought this was just a fabulous way to end the story. For me, it gave me more closure to feel like everyone got what they really deserved. 


There is a lot of mystery and intrigue, with some drama and some traumatic events, and a little romance thrown in as well.  Over all I really enjoyed this book and I will look forward to reading more work by Ms. Brotz. I have a feeling she has more wonderful stories to share with us lucky readers. 


I was given the pleasure of reading this book so I may share my thoughts with you. It has been as always my pleasure to share my thoughts. 


I had the chance to interview Tina Louise Brotz, you may read that interview here.


Check out this Video for the book

3 comments:

  1. Great review! It makes me take a second look at a book that I might not have noticed otherwise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elf! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading an interview with this author not so long ago. I'm really looking forward to reading this book :)

    ReplyDelete