Sunday, June 7, 2015

Love on the Rocks by Elle James ~ Kindle World Novella ~ Review

Love on the Rocks is the first book I have read in any of the Kindle Worlds. I have to say it was a different experience. It was fun and a little different to read another author's voice in another author's world. 

John Decker has been through so much. He lost his wife in an accident which is survived. He's alive but just barley living. He's withdrawn and just living day to day, minute to minute missing his wife. I could feel this poor guys pain. He is so lost, lonely, and really just not sure what to do with his life. 

Roxi Lanier has been tough a lot too. She has lost more than any young lady should have to deal with.  She has grown into a strong, independent woman that can kick any one's butt if she needs to protect herself. However she still has fears and is leery of some situations. I admired Roxi from the moment I met her and learned of her past. This woman has lost so much in her life but is doing her best to live a full life. She does have a dear friend in her life that was her Dad's best friend. He has played the great roll of father to Roxi since she was a teen. 

When these two lost souls meet each in the local bar there is an attraction. Neither is sure of how to handle the attraction until they are brought together through a very dramatic moment. They both try to fight their feelings.  However situations seem to keep bringing them together. I really enjoyed watching these two people find a friendship and then explore their attraction. 

Elle James truly is one of my favorite authors. The drama and the hotness is in this book is very typical Elle James style. Elle does a fabulous job of writing dramatic scenes that always have me clinging to the edge of my seat wondering how the characters are going to get out of the situation they are in. There were certainly a few scenes that had me flipping pages a little faster wondering what could happen next. 

Ms. James also has a talent for creating those really hot and steamy scenes that make my fingers tingle just a little bit with all that hotness that just tinges my fingers. 

Over all I really did enjoy this book. It deals with some serious subjects and shows great examples of two people who think they are unable to love that there just might be a chance of love out there. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Love on the Rocks.

You may find more of my reviews on Elle James' work here.

Amazon Buy Link:

 Love on the Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment