Monday, June 8, 2015

An Improper Proposal by Heather Boyd ~ The Distinguished Rogues #6 ~ Review

As some of you may know Heather Boyd is one of my very favorite authors. This lady has talent and every one of her books show it. I am always so anxious to get my hands on her next release that I devour it in no time.

I have had the pleasure of reading three books in the Distinguished Rogues series and I have adored them all. Ms. Boyd has a great voice for writing a historical romance. I found myself completely engrossed in this story from page one. My favorite place to read is the bathtub.While reading this book one night my husband about had to remove this book from my hands.I could NOT put it down. I was too engrossed in Iris and Martin's story to care that it was getting late.

Iris Hedley is fiercely protective of her father and will do anything to help keep him safe.  Her father is in a debtors prison with a massive amount of debt that he accumulated. She was from a well to do family and lost all of the comforts of life. She also lost most of her so called "friends". I could not help but feel a connection to this girl. She is strong, very independent and so brave!   She lives in fear of something happening to her father in prison. She also fears the nasty people that have forced  her to do things she really doesn't want to do.  This poor girl has been through so much. Yet in some ways she has a sweet innocence that is adoring. 

I loved how her friend Esme stands by her and supports her decisions while trying to lead her in the right direction. Esme is the exact kind of friend that Iris has needed to help her in life. She supports Iris no matter what the situation. She is also very protective of Iris. Every lady needs a wonderful friend in her life. I really enjoyed the bond between Esme and Iris. 


Martin Andrews, the Earl of Louth is a gentleman that Iris feels she can ask intimate questions. I have to say I loved some of his reactions to Iris' questions. Marin has no intention of falling for Iris when he sets out to change her mind about leading the life of a mistress.  When left alone for long the attraction between these two is quite combustible. Their lessons lead to some steamy scenes.  When they try to fight their feelings for each other things keep drawing them together. 



Martin's artistic cousin, Whitney lives with him. She is quite the lady. She has a fun sense of humor and also doesn't mind telling everyone exactly what she thinks. I am anxious to see if this spunky lady has a story to tell. 

Once again Heather Boyd has created incredibly interesting characters with very fascinating stories to tell. Both Iris and Martin have a few things they need to share with each other. The secrets are revealed as their relationship unfolds. I really enjoyed watching these two get to know each other. Martin's lessons for Iris are fun yet hot. 

There is plenty of drama in this story that had me flipping pages quickly. I could not wait to see how Iris was going to find her way out of the messy and dangerous situation she finds herself in. There is some drama, suspense, a little mystery, interesting secrets, some sweet gestures, a nice friends to romance story, and a few steamy scenes. In my book that makes this book perfect! 


An Improper Proposal is part of The Distinguished Rogues series. You do not have to have read the previous books in this series first. This series is great read either together or as a stand alone. If you have read the previous books you will find some familiar friends from the previous books visiting at the balls and other functions. That is one of the reasons I love series. I love catching up with old friends to see how they are doing and what they have been up to. 


Ms. Boyd never lets me down. Her books are always extremely enjoyable. I can not wait to see what she has in store for us lucky readers next. Whatever it may be I know I will be impatiently awaiting her next release.



I received the opportunity to read this fabulous story so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on An Improper Proposal.

You may read more of my reviews on Heather Boyd's work here.



Amazon Buy Link:

An Improper Proposal 

 Keepsake 

An Accidental Affair 

 Charity



 Broken 

 Chills

No comments:

Post a Comment