Thursday, January 22, 2015

Captivated By His Kiss: A Limited Edition Boxed Set ~ Heather Boyd ~ Cheryl Bolen

I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite story out  of this fabulous boxed set. I had the chance to read a lot of new to me authors that I will certainly look for in the future to read again.  

I don't usually point out the covers of books unless I truly love them. There is just something about this cover that drew my attention. I knew by the cover I wanted to read this book. It certainly did not let me down. The fact there is a book in here by one of my favorite authors, Heather Boyd, probably had a little something to do with my overwhelming need to read this book. 

His Lordship’s Vow by Cheryl Bolen is the first story in the box set. I knew just by reading the first page I was going to love this story. Ms. Bolen drew in my attention and had me captivated with her characters. I instantly liked Miss Jane Featherstone. She is smart, a little quirky in her own way, pretty even though she doesn't know it, and a great cousin. She is assisting her cousin with her coming out season. I loved the closeness between the two cousins and how they interacted together. 

Lord Slade is a handsome gentleman that may not be ready to marry yet if he had not made a promise to his father on his deathbed. Lord Slade finds himself in need of a well to do wife. However, he finds that his old friendship with Miss Jane may be more then friendship. 

I don't want to tell you to much about this story, I'll let you go grab a copy for yourself and start to enjoy the first of seven awesome historical romances. I will tell you there are plenty of dramatic moments, some really sweet romantic moments, and of course that magical kiss that changes everything. 

I would love to read more of Cheryl Bolen's work. She has a way with historical romances that I enjoyed.

To Wager the Marquis of Wolverstone by Bronwen Evans is the second story in this boxed set. I had not had a chance to read anything by Bronwen Evans either. So I discovered yet another new to me author that I would like to get to know better. 

Marcus Danvers, the Marquis of Wolverstone, had is heart broken when the love of his life went off to marry someone else. He has led a life of bittersweet pleasure. He has been the ultimate playboy and wants nothing to do with settling down. I liked Marcus, because I could see the real him under that mean tough exterior. 

When Sabine, now the Countess of Orsini returns home. What I loved about this woman is she sets out to get something she wants and she gets it. She is a tough independent lady and a tigress of a Mom. She is going to do whatever it takes to make sure her son is safe. She does something that puts her in a load of danger but she will do ANYTHING to protect her son.  

Neither expects the unexpected attraction they feel instantly. It seems that ten years apart really did not tame down their desires for each other. Marcus feels a great betrayal that Sabine went off to marry someone else all those years ago. 

There are so many things that come to light through out this great story. There are a few secrets that are revealed. There is some very dramatic moments that had me holding my breath and holding on to the edge of my seat. There were so many twists and turns that I could not help wondering what was going to happen next. 

These two so belong together. I found myself talking to my Kindle. I wanted them to share more of their feelings and the danger Sabine was facing. Once Marcus discovers a few things he hops right in the middle of the problem. 

I would certainly love to read more work by the talented Ms.Evans. She's done a great job of writing a historical romance story that certainly did capture my attention and hold on to it through the whole story. 

The Christmas Knot by Barbara Monajem is the third story in this boxed set. When I seen the word Christmas I was very excited. As some of you may know I LOVE Christmas stories. I could not wait to get to this story and find a little Christmas Cheer. Oh my did I find interesting Christmas happening in this story line. 

Edwina White is desperate. She needs a job as a governess. She spends her last funds to get her to the Grange. Oh boy is she in for a few surprises. It's a good thing thing lady is strong, maybe just a tad bit stubborn, and really needs a job and a place to stay.

First she encounters her ex love, then she meets the two adorable children. Honestly the kids are worth putting up with a lot. She instantly admires the children because they are so well behaved, smart, and kind. 

Then well there is the ghost that every talks about. Edwina doesn't believe in ghost until, well until things happen that REALLY make her believe in ghost. 

I don't want to tell you too much about this great story. I was captivated from the first page all the way to the end. There is A LOT of drama that kept me gripping my Kindle. The poor thing probably has indented finger marks after this one. 

I loved the storyline, I loved the ghost idea, and the characters were all a lot of fun. 

Richard is a kind loving man, that has a big heart for his family and his people. He also still has feelings for Edwina. Once again there is the magic kiss that makes them makes them evaluate life. I love how each story has a great kiss. I think with every great relationship there is that first kiss the knocks you off your feet and lets you know this is THE ONE! 

Once again I sure would not mind reading more of  Barbara Monajem work. I don't think there is an author in this set that I would not love to get to know better and read more of their work. If you are a historical romance fan you are in for a treat with all these great stories :) 

Bride of Falcon by Collette Cameron is the fourth story in the Captivated by his Kiss Boxed Set. OK this on really was one of my favorites. I loved them all but there is something about this story that really reached out to me. 

I loved Ivonne Wimpleton, this woman could care less what society thinks of her. She is feed up with all the jerks that have tried to court her. She wants nothing to do with any of them. One in particular, I'll let you read about that. It's rather funny in some ways. 


Chancy Faulkenhurst has always loved Ivy. He went off to try to make a fortune to be worthy of her. When he returns to town he accidental puts her in an awkward position. She is in need of a husband and soon. 

I loved watching these two get to know each other again. They have fun together and find there certainly is sparks, some smoldering steam, and some romance. They just have to find a way to be together.

I loved the characters in this book. I wonder if there is any chance it is part of a series. I would love to read more about he other characters, such as Ivy's brother. 

There is some drama, a few bits of gossip spread that makes Ivy wonder about Chancy's abilities. She doesn't care though, she loves him anyway. 

This was a really great story. I found myself laughing, I had a few tears, and I truly just loved the characters. They were so much fun to read about.

I would not hesitate to read more work by Collette Cameron. I would love to see what other fabulous stories she has written and what she may come up with. 

Christmas Wishes by Wendy Vella is the fifth story in the awesome boxed set. This story really touched my heart. I found many of those awe moments that I love to find in a story. 

Miss Hero Appleby has taken in children that are in need of a helping hand, food, shelter, and a whole lot of loving care. This lady has one really huge heart and she is ready to share it with any child that may need her. However the one thing she is short on is cash. She needs some help. She goes to see Lord Caruthers for help. She really doesn't think he will help but she needs help. 

Oh my goodness watching these two at first is humorous. Oh my can Miss Hero throw around some almost insults in an interesting way. 

Lord Caruthers has lead the life of a playboy. However he's done, he doesn't want the running around life anymore, but that doesn't mean he ready to settle down either. I quickly found a great respect for Max. He really is a good guy. I don't want to tell you too much so I'll let you read it for yourself.

There is some drama to this book that left me with tears and quickly flipping pages to see how things were going to work out. 

It was great fun to read about Hero, Max, and the children. The children are a real joy in the story and add such a nice touch. 

Yet again, I'd love to read more work by Ms. Vella. I have a feeling she has some other great stories out there that I would like to get my hands on. I enjoyed this story and found her writing style to be easy to read with a nice flow. 

Miss Watson’s First Scandal by Heather Boyd is one book I have had the chance to read before. Oh my, I sure did not mind reading it again though. I just love Heather Boyd's work. I can NEVER get enough of her fabulous stories! I can't wait until she has time to add on to this series. However I'll take a new book from any of her series because they are all beyond awesome!! 

Here is my review: I have been a fan of Heather Boyd's work since the first Wild Randall's series book that I read. So when I found out she had another series coming out, I could not wait to read it. Miss Watson's First Scandal is the first book in the Miss Mayhem novella series. Once again Ms. Boyd has written a wonderful historical romance, with fun characters that each has their own charming distinctive personality.

I just adored Abigail Watson. She is mischievous but also very caring and protective. Abigail sets out to help her brother save their home. She has a plan, but it doesn't really work out.

I liked Abigail's interaction with her best friend Imogene. I think that these two together could get themselves into some mischief but have a lot of fun together.

When David Hawke has to give the Watsons some bad news, he is genuinely upset that he has to give his friends this news, but doesn't really see a way to fix the problem. I admired David for taking it upon himself to deliver the bad news to his friends, rather than allow his partner to delivery the message.

I really enjoyed the romance between David and Abigail. Their friendship is a nice base for a romantic relationship. Neither one is looking for love but unexpectedly find something special together.

Miss Watson's First Scandal is full of romance, a few steamy scenes, some drama, and some laughs. It is a nice short story that I was able to get through in a very short amount of time. Of course I was turning pages quite quickly because I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.

If you are a fan of Heather Boyd I think you will enjoy the start of another fun historical romance series. If you have not read any of Ms. Boyd's work yet, give this one a try, it's a short story that will give you a good sense of her work.

The Duelist’s Seduction by Lauren Smith is the last wonderful story in the set that I loved so much. I have to say I was sad when I reached the last story. I wanted MORE stories to read! 


I instantly liked Helen Banks for her love for her family, her loyalty, her braveness, and her guts. This girl gets herself in a situation that really belongs to her brother. 

When Gareth Fairfax suggest other way to take care of things, Helen agrees. This is one relationship that gets off to a very interesting start. However these two  certainly have no problem with attraction that is steamy and HOT. The more they get to know each other the more feelings they have for one and other. However neither is brave enough to tell of these feelings. 

I really liked Helen and Gareth together, no matter how they met, they are great together. They just have to figure out that maybe they can make it work. They have a lot to work through and a few family issues to get through.

I love how the maid of the house quickly took on Helen to make her feel at home. She has hopes that the relationship between Helen and Gareth will work out.

I really liked this story and I loved the interesting way of meeting. There is plenty of drama, a little tension, and that ever wonderful kiss between these two. 

This is another new to me author that I sure would not mind reading more of soon! 

Overall, this box set is a perfect mixture for the historical romance fan. I know I loved it and I didn't want it to end. I wanted more! Each story has such a nice story. Their each have a really sweet romance, some drama, some unexpected events, a few steamy moments, and those first kisses that are completely captivating. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great box set so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Captivated by His Kiss Boxed set. 

Go now and grab up this set before it is gone... It's only here for a while and WOW what a bargain!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment