Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Twist By Roni Teson ~ Write Now Literary Virtual Book tour ~ Interview ~



Twist


By Roni Teson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interview: 



Crystal: Today as part of this Write Now Literary Virtual Book tour, I have the chance to ask Roni Teson a few questions. Welcome Roni, I'm so excited to have you here today. Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?


Roni: I got serious about writing when I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. I finished writing my first novel during cancer treatment. That catalyst helped me follow my dream. I went into remission, but my relationship and job didn’t make it through the treatment.  I was devastated--then when they found another unrelated cancer in my thyroid that doctor said to me, well you have your life.  Real simple words that snapped me out of my funk, and launched me into a life rebuild, and finding a publisher. 

Crystal: Where did you come up with the idea for Twist?

Roni: When I moved into my current residence at the ocean, there is a sign outside my window on the sand. “B”. I was going to get a dog and name her Bea, instead I wrote the book about Beatrice Malcolm. Bea.

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Roni: A contemporary fiction novel, The Bishop Girls, after Molly Bishop’s sister dies, family secrets are revealed one after another, she soon discovers her entire life is a lie and she might be more like her con-artist relatives than she suspects. 

Crystal: Do you have any special routine that you follow when you are writing?

Roni: I wake up at 4am and write every day. When I get to my final rewrites I read the entire book out loud from a printed document and mark it up. Write it first, edit it after it’s written.

Crystal: Did you have to do a lot of research this book or any other?

Roni: Not a lot but I’m always looking things up, like FBI locations in Seattle, and I spent some time for TWIST learning about CJD, the human form of Mad Cows Disease. 

Crystal: Who are some of your favorite authors that you like to read? 

Roni: John Green, Stephen King, Jay Asher.

Crystal: Is there a genre you haven't written that you would like to try? 

Roni: I write from ideas that spring up often, I don’t pay attention to genre. It’s interesting that I tend to have young protagonists. Twist is not a YA book, because of the sex. It’s a Romance Suspense with a young protagonist. Many of the reviewers call it a YA because she’s 16.  I will write my memoir about the cancer battle and life rebuild after I finish The Bishop Girls. Then Twist Two.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us? 

Roni: Yes, when Luke wakes up in the hospital and doesn’t know who he is. He’s been brutally beaten, left for dead and the beating was made to look like Teddy Malcolm did it, an attempt to have Bea lead the FBI to her father. His mother is right there, and he doesn’t recognize her, he wants this guy Luke to talk to these people so they will shut-up and leave him alone. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Favorite Scene Excerpt: 

“Wait, wait,” the nurse says, hurrying over. “You have a tube in your throat.”
I’m floating anyways, so what does it matter? Smooth is how I feel. I could be on a raft or a waterbed, rolling with the tide. I close my eyes and I’m lying in the sand. I hear the ocean—waves are crashing while the tiny grains beneath me move like water. 
The woman whispers, “He’s smiling.”
Everything darkens, like I’m under a cloud cover. I open my left eye and it’s her. That woman is blocking my sun! But those sandy lumps I’m laying on lull me into nirvana and I’m not mad at her anymore. 
I feel so good I want to meet the Dalai Lama. No, wait—I am the Dalai Lama.
My arms and legs are extensions of contentment—the Dalai Lama’s words, not mine. Nothing bothers me. Fingers are touching me everywhere, first my wrist, then my neck and . . . Ouch! She’s pulling my throat out of my mouth.
My eyes pop open.
“Just the breathing tube,” somebody says.
What?
I don’t understand. But I feel like I know everything. 
How can that be?
B. B. B. B. B. B.
Why does that letter stick in my brain?
“Did he just say something?” the man says.
“No,” the nurse says. “He’s still heavily sedated.”
I drift in a cloud that’s warm and cozy. Bluest of blue skies with a purple haze above me, and wow, it feels so good. Darn that annoying background noise with its staccato rhythm hammering away at my floating vapor. A white, soft piece falls down, then another and wham! I feel a push on my body that causes my cloud to disappear.   
The voice is grinding with nonstop questions. “Do you feel this? . . . Do you feel that? . . . Luke?” 
The man and the woman stare at me. She cries. His face wrinkles inward, like a starfish tossed up on the shore.
I wish this Luke would answer so I can go back to floating in peace. I lift my arms to cross them and almost pull the needle out. 
“Luke,” the doctor says again. “You’ve had an accident. You’re okay, now.” 
Who’s this Luke guy? Whoever you are, answer up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLURB:


A Romantic Suspense full of twists and turns.... When a steamy incident in the back seat of a borrowed car plunges sixteen-year-old Beatrice Malcolm smack in the middle of a global manhunt, she discovers that the search for her fugitive father has more to do with her than she could ever imagine. With her mother gone, Bea's life is unraveling in the worst possible way as she's thrust into a world of government conspiracy, insanity, and mind-altering experimentation that forces her to make a life or death decision on who to believe—the FBI or her father. In Twist, Roni Teson has crafted a suspenseful tale of love, betrayal and intrigue with a cast of characters who will leap off the pages and stay in your heart long after the last page has been turned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amazon Buy Link: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0991532236/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0991532236&link_code=as3&tag=revibycrys-20&linkId=TIY7FFEGNE2KOTXU

No comments:

Post a Comment