Thursday, August 13, 2015

Boots and the Rogue by Myla Jackson ~ Ugly Stick Saloon #10 ~Review

The Ugly Stick Saloon series is a fun steaming hot series that is always an enjoyable read. I have been looking forward to the next story in this series to see how the McFarlan brothers handle that demand their mother made. She wants her boys to settle down and start producing her some grandchildren. She's not afraid to use a little blackmail to encourage those boys to get their rear ends in gear! 

Brody McFarlan returns home upon his brother's request. When he arrives home and doesn't find what he was told, well let's just say that he has questions and someone better to start answer them quickly!

Brody is a little hesitant to trust again. He's been burned by a relationship and his brother. So when he finds the new lady in town very attractive, he takes his time showing how he feels. 

Jessie Taylor is one of those characters that I admired from the beginning. She makes an very interesting entrance into the story. Jessie has had so many cases of bad luck that she is in need of some good luck and a few good friends. The folks of Ugly Stick Saloon is just what she needs. I love how everyone sticks together and is always willing to help each other and anyone else in need. 

Brody falls for Jessie at first bite, of hamburger that is. Then he gets the rotten end of the stick when Jessie misunderstand his offer. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was so funny but poor Brody gets more then he was bargaining for. After they get pass the initial misunderstanding the attraction between these two is intense. The tension between these leads to some smoldering hot scenes with some major fireworks. 

I love series because it gives me a chance to see what all my "friends" are up to and what has been going on in their lives since the last book. I also love the family interaction in this book. I have to say that Mrs. McFarlan is quite the lady. She is welcoming to Jessie and takes her under her wing. She may do just a little matchmaking along the way, just a little. She certainly has put a little motivation behind her sons and she just might be having a little fun watching them handle her ultimatum. 

Boots and the Rogue is part of the Ugly Stick Saloon series, however I think you would be able to read it as a stand alone just fine. I don't think you would feel like you are missing any information or behind the scenes details at all. Ms. Jackson does a great job of creating a fun series but also making each book stand alone in case you discover a book in the middle of the series.  

Speaking of Ms. Jackson's talent. This lady is one of my favorite authors for a reason. She does an great job writing a fun story with alot of great characters that keep me entertained and flipping pages. 

Overall I really enjoyed this visit to Ugly Stick Saloon and I can't wait to return again soon. There is one brother left that needs his story told and I can't wait to see how it goes. I will impatiently be waiting Myla Jackson's next release in this series. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Boots and the Rogue. 

You may find more of my reviews on Myla Jackson's work here.




Amazon Buy Link:

 Boots and the Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment