Monday, May 15, 2017

#FreeBook #Interview Eden Revealed By @LexiPost

Eden Revealed 
Eden Series #4
By Lexi Post

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Interview with Lexi Post: 

Crystal: Today I have the pleasure of hosting one of my very favorite authors, Lexi Post. Welcome Lexi! I'm so excited to have you here today.

Lexi: I am so thrilled to be on your blog today 😊 After the excitement of my last reader’s convention, it’s a pleasure to relax and chat from home.

Crystal: Would you share a little bit about yourself with us today?

Lexi: Hmm, well in my bio I let everyone know that I live in Florida now with my hubby and my cat, Giz. I make ice cream every weekend, I love bright colors, and you’ll never see me without a hat. I should mention that I’m a Native of Nowhere having moved a lot. I have lived in NJ, NH, IA, IN, MA, MD, AZ, the US Virgin Islands and now Florida.

Crystal: What are you currently working on?

Lexi: I’m just finishing the copy edits on my soon-to-be released Sci-fi Romance, EDEN REVEALED (Eden Series #4). Then this week I start LOGAN’S LUCK (Last Chance #4). Yes, I’m moving from a Sci-fi Romance to a Contemporary Cowboy story because I’m inspired by the classics, so wherever the original story takes me is where I go. I also write Military and Paranormal.

Crystal: Where did you come up with the idea for your current release?

Lexi: EDEN REVEALED is inspired by an Emily Dickinson poem. Actually, the whole Eden series is inspired by her poems. It all started when I read her poem Wild Nights! Wild Nights! Which is quite a racy poem for a spinster and recluse. At the end of the poem she says, “Rowing in Eden - Ah - the Sea! Might I but moor - tonight - In thee!”

That got me to thinking, where was this Eden and who was she mooring in? 😉 I decided Eden was a planet of naked hunks where women were never born, so they had to go to Earth to find their chosen one. Of course, with so few women, it was imperative that every woman take 2 to 5 men as her husbands. In the history of Eden, there was a great war over women and it was thanks to the women and Emily Dickinson (who wasn’t really home but on the planet Eden) that peace finally reigned and Dickinson Law was instituted. As you can see, my sci-fi is more social sci-fi romance than techi sci-fi romance.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite snack that you like to munch on while writing? If so would you mind sharing what it is with us?

Lexi: I actually drink tea all day. Two mega cups of English Breakfast in the morning and then a variety of loose leaf teas the rest of the day including Vanilla Chai, Peach Rooibos, Earl Grey, and La Pacho which is bitter mixed with sugar but is addictive when mixed with honey. For a mid-afternoon snack (if I remember) I’ll munch on honey pretzels or almonds. Of course, on Sundays all bets are off and it’s ice cream, candy and donuts for this woman!

Crystal: Do you have a favorite scene you would like to share with us?

Lexi: As a matter of fact I do. I love this scene right in the beginning of the book because you get a real feel for who Toni is. She is very toned and ready to rumble 😉

Someone grabbed her arm. She instinctively balled her hand into a fist, but that one was caught too and twisted behind her back.
“Do not make a sound, understand?”
Sure, she understood. She understood she was going to relieve one Edenist of his balls the minute her arms were released. The man pulled her backwards, away from the peephole usually used for voyeurs and not for spies like herself. Yeah, she was toast if she didn’t get out of this.
Every ounce of her being wanted to fight against the hold on her, but she gritted her teeth and pretended to be meek. She’d never been meek. Her friend Serena always told her she turned aggressive when she was afraid and she “needed to keep her head”—whatever that meant.
She took a deep breath as they stopped while the man behind her kicked a door open. She wanted to see who it was so she could gauge her ability to talk herself out of this one…after she brought him to his knees. Not only didn’t she like being restrained, but aggression toward women was strictly forbidden on the entire planet. She doubted this Edenist would want to go before the Ruling Circle with Grandall in charge.
The man turned her toward the bed then pushed her away, slamming the door behind him.
She spun, her foot already headed for his groin. As he glanced at his face, the air left her lungs in appreciation, even as his arm came down to knock her leg away from her intended target. As she turned, barely keeping her balance, her libido sighed in relief, but her ego wasn’t so happy.
She stopped her movement and stood facing him, her weight on the balls of her feet. She tried to keep her anger up as she stared at the tall man with the long dark hair, light blue eyes, side-shaved head and the only tattoo she’d ever seen on Eden. This was her kind of male—just her luck.

Crystal: When you are not busy writing wonderful stories to keep us lucky readers entertained, what do you like to do? Do you have a hobby?

Lexi: I do. I line dance! I take classes twice a week. I’ve always been a dancer. Actually, I was a ballet dancer for twenty years. After that I danced every chance I could – Jazz, Tap, Scottish Country Dance, Waltz, Fox Trot, Square Dancing, anything. It’s how I relate to music.

Crystal: Do you have a favorite background noise you like to having going while you write (TV, Music, kids playing)?

Lexi: No. I prefer absolute silence. Luckily, I live on 4 acres of trees, so except for an occasional noisy bird or at night a cayote, it is pretty quiet. The only real noise I have to contend with is when my cat, Giz, wants to go outside for his walk in the morning. He’s my alarm clock, which frankly is better than the electric kind.

Crystal: Thanks for visiting. It has been a pleasure having you. Can you think of anything else you would like to share with us today?

Lexi: Yes! In celebration of EDEN REVEALED coming out on May 26th, I have CRUISE INTO EDEN, the first book in the series as FREE for the month of May. This way readers can check out the world and see if they like it.
Thank you so much for having me, Crystal. I have so admired your reviews and feel very honored to be here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Blurb:

A female spy, an Eden monk, and a man with no memory must reveal a corrupt leader while keeping their hearts safe—an impossible task.
Former stunt woman, Toni Reid, has adopted Eden as her new home. What’s not to like with naked hunks walking around and women being worshipped by them? She doesn’t mind the distraction of spying on one of the leaders of the Ruling Circle too much, but just as she discovers his secret, she’s caught.
Akasha is next in line to ascend to the Triad panel, those who determine which men are morally good enough to receive a portal chip. He has kept his connections to people minimal keep his future judgements unbiased, but when he discovers Toni spying, he has no choice but to capture her and discover what she knows.
Sandale is busy recapturing who he was before his memory wipe. Traveling to Naralina to rescue Toni is a good excuse to meet his family and find himself again. He discovers Toni is more than a task, she is a force to be reckoned with, and his focus quickly shifts.
Akasha and Sandale find themselves embroiled in a plot that could well send Eden back into another world war over women. The only way to stop it is to work together with Toni, but working to stop a world war is easy when compared to laying siege to Toni’s heart.

Buy Links:
Amazon | B&N  |  iBooks  | Kobo  | Amazon UK  | Amazon AU | Amazon CA 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Cruise into Eden (Eden Series #1) is FREE for the month of May!

What had she been thinking to come on a nude cruise?
Sci-fi television employee, Erin Danielson, boards a nude cruise to get lucky, and boy does she ever because Nase and Ware have ripped bodies, enticing accents, and hearts of gold. In fact, they are out of this world…literally.

Amazon | B&N | iBooks  | Kobo  | Amazon UK | Amazon AU  | Amazon CA 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Crystal! Thank you for having me. You know, I love talking about planet Eden ;-)

    ReplyDelete