Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Denim Blue Sea by Joanne DeMaio ~ Review ~

The Denim Blue Sea by Joanne DeMaio gave me a wonderful chance to catch up with all my old friends from Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans. 

First of all I must say that cover makes me want to go visit some water. Isn't it pretty? It looks so calm and peaceful. Just looking at the cover makes me feel salt air and mist from the water on my face.

Maris Carrington and Jason Barlow are preparing for the arrival of their long time friends and family members to attend their beach wedding. Everyone is busy with work, planning the wedding, and life. When everyone starts to arrive things get even more complicated and busy. My goodness there is a lot going on in Stony Point.

One of my favorite things about this book is the storyline of the great friendship between this group of friends that has lasted through the years. They grew up together and now some are raising families of their own, other's are getting married, and everyone is busy. However they still take the time out to get together and enjoy this treasured friendship.

Maris and Jason have a few stressful moments before the wedding. There are some things that are trying to pull them apart and a big surprise client that may or may not have a huge effect on Jason's life. I enjoyed watching this loving couple grow, and change as they plan ahead for their wedding and their married life together. They do have a few things to over come and there are challenges thrown in their path. 

Maris is busy with her new line of Denim designs. I can just imagine some of the fabulous designs she creates with Ms. DeMaio's wonderful descriptions. I'd love to wear some of the things Maris designs. 

Kyle and Lauren face a major trauma to their marriage. It seems like this poor couple has been through so much. Just when they think they have their relationship back on even ground something else happens to try to rip them apart. These two have so much to deal with. My heart broke for them when a huge secret is reveled that just about ends their marriage. I won't tell you what it is but I will tell you it's a biggie.  

The thing I love about this deep friendship in this group is that they are there for each other. When one is in need of a friend to lean on, they can count on the group to be there to help them deal with what ever the problem is or just talk. 

Maris and Eva also receive a HUGE surprise guest. I don't want to tell you who it is but I will tell you I really enjoyed getting to know their guest. 

There is so much happening in Stony Point with all of these wonderful people I have come to consider friends. I was so afraid that their lives were going to be tore apart and lost at sea. I cried for each trauma and obstacle they faced and cheered for each victory they discovered. Just when things were really bad and their lives were falling apart , the tide changed and the sea came in to close the gaps and wounds in everyone and  mend their hearts just in the nick of time. 

JoAnne DeMaio has once again written a fabulous story with those great charismatic charters that I have grown so fond of. I delighted to see everyone again and to visit Foley's. I certainly enjoyed my return visit to Stony Point. I always enjoy the fascinating journeys that Ms. DeMaio takes me on with descriptive tales. 

I will be anxious to see where she takes me with her next book and what fabulous characters I'm going to get to meet or visit with again. I always love to hear that Joanne DeMaio has a new book coming soon. I get really excited and I can not wait to get my hands on the book. She does such a great job of dealing with such heart whelming, sometimes heartbreaking, but always wonderful storylines with great characters that touch your heart. Her books are always an awesome read!

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my great pleasure to share my thoughts with you on The Denim Blue Sea.

You may find more of my reviews on Joanne DeMaio's work here.... 

Amazon Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment