Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Clawed: A Gin & Tonic Mystery by L. A. Kornetsky ~ Review

Clawed is the second book I have had the chance to read in the Gin and Tonic Mystery series. I enjoyed Clawed just as much as I did Doghouse. I love a good mystery and when you add in a couple of adorable animals with it, well I am a happy reader. 

Ginny Mallard and her loyal four legged companion Georgie are excited at the potential of a client in another town. Little do they know they are about to become a part of a big mystery that Ginny and her side kicks will be compelled to help solve. 

Teddy Tonica and Miss Penny are left behind to hold down the fort and serve drinks while Ginny and Georgie are off investigating the mystery in Portland. 

I think one of my favorite parts of this book was Ginny and Georgie investigating things together. As Ginny works her way through the neighborhood talking to the people, Georgie helps out by asking the fur members of the community questions as well. 

Ginny and Teddy works so well together. They each have different strengths when it comes to investigating and chatting with possible witnesses or suspects. It's entertaining to watch these two working together to get to the bottom of a mystery. 

I love how L.A. Kornetsky includes Georgie and Penny in the mystery investigations. Georgie and Penny have some really cute scenes and talks between them. They do a great job trying to help their humans head in the right direction to solve the mystery.

The mystery and suspense in this book is great. While trying to get to the bottom of the case they end up in a touchy and dangerous situation. It's always interesting to see them work their way out of these situations. Even though it's quite dramatic there is also plenty of humor. 

The scenes with the fur characters are just plain adorable and entertaining. I think I fell in love with Georgie and Penny in Doghouse and I was so please to see them again in Clawed. I will be anxious to see what wonderful mystery L.A. Kornetsky comes up with for her next Gin and Tonic Mystery. I'm curious to see if Ginny goes ahead to get her official PI license and what mischief she can find.  I know I will be looking forward to reading the next story in this great series. 

Clawed is part of The Gin and Tonic Mystery series. I had not read the previous books before Doghouse and I had no trouble reading it as a stand alone. I think Clawed could easily be read as a stand alone as well. I don't think you will feel like you are missing any pertinent information to the story by starting the series with Clawed. L. A. Kornetsky does a great job of filling in any details and making these books easily read as stand alones. 

If you, like me, LOVE fur characters and a good mystery you need to check out this great series. I think you will enjoy it. I know I certainly did. 

I was given the opportunity to read this great book so that I may share my thoughts with you. As always it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts with you on Clawed. 

You may check out my other review on L.A. Kornetsky work here..

Amazon Buy Link:

 Clawed 

 Doghouse 







No comments:

Post a Comment